Santa came early

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl Stark

Reaction score
Damn, I must have been really good this year because my new FJR came early and it is sure pretty. The sun was shining this afternoon here in Northern Wyoming and the temp all the way up to 40 degrees (it was 20 below last week). Trailered the bike to the Information Center (our road is snow packed), unloaded it, took it for a little ride. I am very glad that I had an extra inch put on my riding boots because with the seat in the lowest position and the rubber stoppers taken off, I can just get balls of my feet on the ground!! We will have to lower it for sure. Love the adjustable windshield, heated grips were nice and toasty, and it goes really fast!! and the ABS was impressive. I will probably ride it for awhile before deciding on a custom seat.

Now, to figure out where to put the GPS, plug in for heated clothes, CB, satelite radio and yeah, I think I will need a radar detector. Carl will be busy all winter "Farklizing".

Thanks for all the suggestions earlier.

Jonnie, new FJR pilot :yahoo:

Extra style points for using "extra inch" and "balls" in one sentence! :D

Welcome to the FJR Insanity, Carl! You'll fit right in....

Give the seat and the suspension at least a few thousand miles to "settle" before you decide the ride height is too high for you.

Congrats on your stocking stuffer.

Congrats on your new Feejer!!!

Time to change profile

Bike: considering FJR ---> to whatever year FJR model you have...

then you will be assimilated completely :yahoo:

Merry Christmas

Hi Jonnie,

Congrats on your new FJR - I'm jealous, I still have to wait a few weeks before mine arrives at home.

I guess you should maybe get your own login so that not everybody thinks you're Carl!!! (Your husband?)

Chris in Portland

Damn, I must have been really good this year because my new FJR came early and it is sure pretty. The sun was shining this afternoon here in Northern Wyoming and the temp all the way up to 40 degrees (it was 20 below last week). Trailered the bike to the Information Center (our road is snow packed), unloaded it, took it for a little ride. I am very glad that I had an extra inch put on my riding boots because with the seat in the lowest position and the rubber stoppers taken off, I can just get balls of my feet on the ground!! We will have to lower it for sure. Love the adjustable windshield, heated grips were nice and toasty, and it goes really fast!! and the ABS was impressive. I will probably ride it for awhile before deciding on a custom seat. Now, to figure out where to put the GPS, plug in for heated clothes, CB, satelite radio and yeah, I think I will need a radar detector. Carl will be busy all winter "Farklizing".

That's the way to go into Christmas, welcome from Nova Scotia, enjoy.

Damn, I must have been really good this year because my new FJR came early and it is sure pretty. The sun was shining this afternoon here in Northern Wyoming and the temp all the way up to 40 degrees (it was 20 below last week). Trailered the bike to the Information Center (our road is snow packed), unloaded it, took it for a little ride. I am very glad that I had an extra inch put on my riding boots because with the seat in the lowest position and the rubber stoppers taken off, I can just get balls of my feet on the ground!! We will have to lower it for sure. Love the adjustable windshield, heated grips were nice and toasty, and it goes really fast!! and the ABS was impressive. I will probably ride it for awhile before deciding on a custom seat. Now, to figure out where to put the GPS, plug in for heated clothes, CB, satelite radio and yeah, I think I will need a radar detector. Carl will be busy all winter "Farklizing".

I too just got a new, black Christmas present. An '09 to replace my deer smashed '03. :blink: I rode it home 90 miles from Moses Lake Experience Power Sports in Eastern Washington to Wenatchee. 90 miles in 28 degrees. :cold: I too had to tip toe to touch the ground and I'm 6 foot tall! It turns out they had put the riders seat in it's "High" position accidentally. You might want to check the front tab of the riders seat to make sure they got it in the bottom slot. Also my new '09 bike is very hard to get onto the centerstand. And yes I do know how to step on the centerstand and lift all with the same motion! My '03 was Much easier. Now I'm looking for February and beyond to do some serious riding.

Bill

I too just got a new, black Christmas present. An '09 to replace my deer smashed '03. :blink: I rode it home 90 miles from Moses Lake Experience Power Sports in Eastern Washington to Wenatchee. 90 miles in 28 degrees. :cold: I too had to tip toe to touch the ground and I'm 6 foot tall! It turns out they had put the riders seat in it's "High" position accidentally. You might want to check the front tab of the riders seat to make sure they got it in the bottom slot. Also my new '09 bike is very hard to get onto the centerstand. And yes I do know how to step on the centerstand and lift all with the same motion! My '03 was Much easier. Now I'm looking for February and beyond to do some serious riding.Bill
bastard

I'm not a black vehicle guy, but I'd gladly accept an '09