SATO Racing Rearsets for the 09 R1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogie

Two Wheels Forever!!!
Reaction score
Thanks to Matt at www.GPmotoparts.com for getting these to me so fast and for superior customer service.

SATO built another great set of rearsets for the R1!!

Installation was a breeze and these things are billet aluminum works of art!!

IMG_5143.jpg

IMG_5156.jpg

IMG_5155.jpg

IMG_5149.jpg

IMG_5148.jpg

IMG_5147.jpg

IMG_5146.jpg

IMG_5154.jpg

IMG_5153.jpg

IMG_5152.jpg

IMG_5151.jpg

IMG_5150.jpg

IMG_5145.jpg

IMG_5144.jpg

rapid looking bike!

rearset looks good.... I believe Sato is known as Baby Face here in Japan. not sure why.

Bogie...the bike's coming along nicely. Makes me want to ditch the heavily, ole FJR and get something a little lighter and faster.

Thanks!! There are times I miss the two-up riding and the comfort of the FJR! :)

But I love how fun this bike is!! :D B)

Last edited by a moderator:
You put some $$$ into that thing. You taking it to the track...stretch her legs a bit??

That is the plan at some point this year. :yahoo:

It's the only place you can safely open these things up. :)

I need to stop reading your posts, Bogie. Everytime I do, it makes me want an R1 even more.

That rear set looks good.

I think the name of the forum should be changed to www.fjrandbogiesR1forum.com

I'm not sure you should take that thing to a track.............it's a work of art...........but if you do, take everything back off and cover it with this stuff :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the name of the forum should be changed to www.fjrandbogiesR1forum.com
I'm not sure you should take that thing to a track.............it's a work of art...........but if you do, take everything back off and cover it with this stuff :rolleyes:

LMAO!!!! Well with the news I received yesterday from work I may be putting this bike up for sale! :angry: :(

They are goingto cut back on staff as we lost two lalrge contracts do to economic slow down and we are over staffed. If I get let go its going to be rough as the job market here sucks and I would need to pay for the COBRA medical coverage asI am currently being treated for a form of heart disease and I can't afford a lapse in coverage. :(

I had sato rear sets on my 04 R1, I think they are some of the best made rear sets on the market. Your bike looks really good.

I had sato rear sets on my 04 R1, I think they are some of the best made rear sets on the market. Your bike looks really good.
Sadly I had to sell the bike due to being diagnosed with heart disease. :(

Had to sell it to pay off bills because at the time it was almost certain I was facing Open heart surgery to repair the issue in my heart.

Things are better now and avoided surgery because medication treatments reduce the size of the over grown muscle area in my heart.

Lots of medical bills now to pay so I will be without bike till then end of 2010 for sure. :(

Maybe by then the FJR will have been updated!! B)