Scorpion EXO 900 Helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnor

Reaction score
Anybody have a Scorpion EXO 900 Transformer helmet ? My wife is thinking of buying one, because she goes between a full face, and open face helmet a lot, and thinks one helmet that would do both would be good.

I always wear a full face helmet, and have never tried an open face in years. She has a Bell Mag 8 that she wears a lot in the summer heat.

My main helmet is the EXO 900. Overall I enjoy it, especially the ability to open the face shield for extra air at a stop light during the warmer summer months. I will say there is more wind noise from this helmet then my other two Scorpions (3/4 and standard full face). I always wear ear plugs so the extra noise of the modular isn't a big deal to me, but I did try riding once without them and it was an uncomfortable amount of wind noise. Also the other issue I have with it is there is not much air flow, even from the top front mounted scoop, so I usually ride with the visor up when I can.

So other then those two issues, I really do enjoy the convenience and fit of it for me, and the sun visor comes in handy more often then I thought it would.

Thomas

Last edited by a moderator:
The Nolan N-43 trilogy is a good option to go from full to open face. (I have the n-43 air, imported from england)

I have had Symax 2, NOlan 102 (103 similar), and the EXO900 is the quietest, although not as quiet as a full face. EXO is well made. Venting is good if you're in open air. If you want convenience of a modular, to me it's the way to go.

have you thought about a Shark Evoline. Goes from full face to open face and no parts to remove and keep up with. don't know anything about them, other than it is on my short list.

Has your wife thought about what's gonna happen to her face if she goes down wearing an open face helmet? A huge percentage of helmet damage from crashes is to the chinbar area. Open the vents, or ride with the shield cracked, but don't ride open faced.

Anybody have a Scorpion EXO 900 Transformer helmet ? My wife is thinking of buying one, because she goes between a full face, and open face helmet a lot, and thinks one helmet that would do both would be good.
I always wear a full face helmet, and have never tried an open face in years. She has a Bell Mag 8 that she wears a lot in the summer heat.

Ive tried it on. Very comfortable.

Has your wife thought about what's gonna happen to her face if she goes down wearing an open face helmet? A huge percentage of helmet damage from crashes is to the chinbar area. Open the vents, or ride with the shield cracked, but don't ride open faced.

Amen!

....but, to each his own.

Latest posts