SE Ohio Ride 3-22-12 & Oops

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just jesting with these posts...but behind the jests, I'm real sorry that the day ended that way Steve.

...and No...that wasn't me driving the truck.
Hum...Stupid Steve....I think it has a nice ring to it...could be a new handle in the making.

This post has been good entertainment today.

Yes I am taking Sat and even Sunday off.

Are you sure you were not in the truck??? There WILL be an investigation you know. My plan is to come down in May and after everyone gets drunk find out who was driving the semi!

OK I am down to just advill today and want to share what the ortho doc said yesterday. The guys in the ER did not read the xray correctly. He showed me the pics and all I have is a couple of cracks. The problem they all had was sorting through all the damage from previous breaks. The two cracks he found follows old lines...hard to see for him and the ER guy. He had to grin looking at the screws and old damage. I am in a big old plastic boot and can start walking on it in a couple of days as pain allows.

And once again thanks to my new best friend. Ray you are the man!

The bike will be here around noon today. The insurance guy will be here monday and then the real fun will start!

Steve

So...it's only a flesh wound!!

Excellent...so you riding or jumping trucks today?

evel-knievel-jump12.jpg

Obviosly not to be out done, I have to chime in here as we'll. Steve what in the HE-double hockey sticks are you doing to your self.

Fellas my inside information comes from a very reliable [ although a pathetically poor rider himself] that over lunch at the Boathouse, Steve and the other guy were discussing the proper way to low side your bike and walk away. Since my informant [who still wish's to remain anonymous at this time] put down down some serious cash on how it's done, and the bet for who could demonstrate the best low side was on. Oh yeah? did I also mention [ from the same unnamed source] that the Iced Teas they were slamming down at lunch were actually Long Island Iced Tea's. Probably not.

All of us know that Steve is a fierce competitor, that being said. And in order to beat Gray Ray to the punch, he swung out around him and in 1 split second [taking no thought of the consequences of his actions, to both himself and his trusty mount] demonstrated to him [that's Gray Ray if your having a little trouble following this] how it is done.

And actually my source say's that he did a Masterfully Good Job at it. You guy's also have to understand that the fellow [my source] has got quite a long history of "Get-Off's under his belt, so for him to say unequivocally that, that was one of the finest "Get-Off's he's ever had the pleasure [maybe pleasure isn't quite the right word to use at a time like this][ to witness probably would work better in this case] is really saying something. Just a little side bar for those of you who maybe thinking I'm just making this all up. I have had first hand opportunity to witness [as recently as 3 weekends ago] my source crash his GSXR in the first lap at Jennings GP in Florida, Sooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! If my source who is an expert at this sort of thing mind you says it was "Masterful" it was [or had to be] "Masterful"

All that being said Steve, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! No more "Get-off" Demonstrations PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve, Before I sign-off I had 1 more quick question. That thick manila envelope that you carry in your right saddle bag, I'll bet [you a beer at the Ramble" in May] you carry your x-rays around with you like Patrick Swazey did in "Road House" don't you. "You are the Man"

All right I'm finally done.

Hope you heal quickly!

I'm glad that my source [ we call him effectunately "TUMBOLINA"] didn't try to one-up you on this one! Hey let us all know how your progressing and we'll meet at Quaker Steak some Thur. night for "Bike Night"

All Right already, I'm done!!!!!! Dastardly Dave Moto-Series #65

Obviosly not to be out done, I have to chime in here as we'll. Steve what in the HE-double hockey sticks are you doing to your self.

Fellas my inside information comes from a very reliable [ although a pathetically poor rider himself] that over lunch at the Boathouse, Steve and the other guy were discussing the proper way to low side your bike and walk away. Since my informant [who still wish's to remain anonymous at this time] put down down some serious cash on how it's done, and the bet for who could demonstrate the best low side was on. Oh yeah? did I also mention [ from the same unnamed source] that the Iced Teas they were slamming down at lunch were actually Long Island Iced Tea's. Probably not.

All of us know that Steve is a fierce competitor, that being said. And in order to beat Gray Ray to the punch, he swung out around him and in 1 split second [taking no thought of the consequences of his actions, to both himself and his trusty mount] demonstrated to him [that's Gray Ray if your having a little trouble following this] how it is done.

And actually my source say's that he did a Masterfully Good Job at it. You guy's also have to understand that the fellow [my source] has got quite a long history of "Get-Off's under his belt, so for him to say unequivocally that, that was one of the finest "Get-Off's he's ever had the pleasure [maybe pleasure isn't quite the right word to use at a time like this][ to witness probably would work better in this case] is really saying something. Just a little side bar for those of you who maybe thinking I'm just making this all up. I have had first hand opportunity to witness [as recently as 3 weekends ago] my source crash his GSXR in the first lap at Jennings GP in Florida, Sooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! If my source who is an expert at this sort of thing mind you says it was "Masterful" it was [or had to be] "Masterful"

All that being said Steve, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! No more "Get-off" Demonstrations PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve, Before I sign-off I had 1 more quick question. That thick manila envelope that you carry in your right saddle bag, I'll bet [you a beer at the Ramble" in May] you carry your x-rays around with you like Patrick Swazey did in "Road House" don't you. "You are the Man"

All right I'm finally done.

Hope you heal quickly!

I'm glad that my source [ we call him effectunately "TUMBOLINA"] didn't try to one-up you on this one! Hey let us all know how your progressing and we'll meet at Quaker Steak some Thur. night for "Bike Night"

All Right already, I'm done!!!!!! Dastardly Dave Moto-Series #65
Give me a few weeks to heal me/repair bike and I will buy the first round at Quaker. And yes I do have some xrays stashed. I hope I can get the current set emailed to me...working on that! I will leave the "get off demos" to you race guys!

Steve,

I'm certainly glad that your not seriously hurt. For a second there I thought I might have to start a fundraiser for future Get-off wannabee's [ you know how those wannabee's are] or maybe the Steve Bocklrider Foundation, for up and coming crash demonstrators.

Something!!!!!!!!! You know like all of us, we all want to do our part in furthering our [our your] sport.

That being said, we all also know that if we ride alot, and we ride way faster than we should these sort of things happen. Just glad in a thankful way it wasn't at 80 or 90mph. on 26. Now that would have been another story all together.

See you and the Wifee at Q&S soon.

Always look forward to rubbing it in a little, seeing that it's almost inevitable that the same thing will happen to me..... hopefully later than sooner, if you catch my drift!

Dave

Steve,

I'm certainly glad that your not seriously hurt. For a second there I thought I might have to start a fundraiser for future Get-off wannabee's [ you know how those wannabee's are] or maybe the Steve Bocklrider Foundation, for up and coming crash demonstrators.

Something!!!!!!!!! You know like all of us, we all want to do our part in furthering our [our your] sport.

That being said, we all also know that if we ride alot, and we ride way faster than we should these sort of things happen. Just glad in a thankful way it wasn't at 80 or 90mph. on 26. Now that would have been another story all together.

See you and the Wifee at Q&S soon.

Always look forward to rubbing it in a little, seeing that it's almost inevitable that the same thing will happen to me..... hopefully later than sooner, if you catch my drift!

Dave
Look forward to seeing you!

Like they say it is not if it is when..and it was my turn! Hope for everyone else it is never or much later!

However at the pace we ride it is a possibility....

I fully expect to me the butt of many smart a@@ jokes....goes with the crappy riding!

The bike made it home today and I am thinking with a little duct tape and.....

Steve

...I fully expect to be the butt of many smart a@@ jokes....goes with the crappy riding!
Well yeah, we're always here with the jokes...but you sir are a really good rider. Don't think any differently.

You still have my respect. Just get better soon and come out and play as soon as your wife lets ya. ;)

Steve,

I'm generally not one to give out advice to other riders, but it seems like the circumstances that you find yourself in may warrant it.

When it comes to the really technical stuff like Trailbreaking you may want to inlist the help of another racer. I believe you may know him his name is Ray and he lives close to you in Lorain. His name is Ray, not Gray Ray he's a rank amateur when it comes to this type of talent. You need the real Ray he can show you the really technical techniques necessary to pull a stunt like Trailbreaking on the streets. But then come to think of it he may not be such a good source after all because he holds the record at Nelson Ledges Race Track for putting his race bike higher up on the tire wall than any other human being that has ever raced there.(and that's been over 50years.)

You know what, maybe you might want to put that particular move on the back burner for awhile. You know just saying!

Hopefully I can make 1 of the days in May, down in Caldwell and we can really swap some Big Tales.

Heal up quickly, Opening day at Nelson's. Is mid-April. You have to join us it's a blast'!!!!!

Dastardly Dave. #65. Moto series

Steve,

I'm generally not one to give out advice to other riders, but it seems like the circumstances that you find yourself in may warrant it.

When it comes to the really technical stuff like Trailbreaking you may want to inlist the help of another racer. I believe you may know him his name is Ray and he lives close to you in Lorain. His name is Ray, not Gray Ray he's a rank amateur when it comes to this type of talent. You need the real Ray he can show you the really technical techniques necessary to pull a stunt like Trailbreaking on the streets. But then come to think of it he may not be such a good source after all because he holds the record at Nelson Ledges Race Track for putting his race bike higher up on the tire wall than any other human being that has ever raced there.(and that's been over 50years.)

You know what, maybe you might want to put that particular move on the back burner for awhile. You know just saying!

Hopefully I can make 1 of the days in May, down in Caldwell and we can really swap some Big Tales.

Heal up quickly, Opening day at Nelson's. Is mid-April. You have to join us it's a blast'!!!!!

Dastardly Dave. #65. Moto series
Should see you at Nelsons! Always open for riding tips on how to get more height in the falls....

Steve

...I fully expect to be the butt of many smart a@@ jokes....goes with the crappy riding!
Well yeah, we're always here with the jokes...but you sir are a really good rider. Don't think any differently.

You still have my respect. Just get better soon and come out and play as soon as your wife lets ya. ;)
Well as soon as her laughter slows down I am sure she will ok another ride.

Man Steve,

It's one thing to have to take all the "DogPile" from us knuckleheads here on the Forum but from the "Wifee" SHEEEEEEESCH!!!!!!!!!!! That's like adding "Insult to Injury" That's got to be really painful. Look forward to seeing you two at an up comming Bike Night. Besides I've/we've got all the mileage were going to get out of this one, Huh! In times like this over medicating yourself works wonder's.

Just sayin!!!

Dave

Gray Ray does not listen in race school. Touching the back brake does not load the front. Touching the front brake loads the front, when u hit the back with no wt on it it locks up and down you go. Steve I know gray Ray. When he was checking you for injuries we was actually looking for your wallet. when he found you had no cash he hung around hoping your wife would pay a ransome. You should hear him bitch when she said you really weren't worth all that much. :)

Gray Ray does not listen in race school. Touching the back brake does not load the front. Touching the front brake loads the front, when u hit the back with no wt on it it locks up and down you go. Steve I know gray Ray. When he was checking you for injuries we was actually looking for your wallet. when he found you had no cash he hung around hoping your wife would pay a ransome. You should hear him bitch when she said you really weren't worth all that much. :)
Boy...its like you were there??? Do you know him that well???

Thanks for the clarification Ray on weight transfer. I was second guessing the laws of physics or figured they didn’t apply in race school.

OK I am down to just advill today and want to share what the ortho doc said yesterday. The guys in the ER did not read the xray correctly. He showed me the pics and all I have is a couple of cracks. The problem they all had was sorting through all the damage from previous breaks. The two cracks he found follows old lines...hard to see for him and the ER guy. He had to grin looking at the screws and old damage. I am in a big old plastic boot and can start walking on it in a couple of days as pain allows.

And once again thanks to my new best friend. Ray you are the man!

The bike will be here around noon today. The insurance guy will be here monday and then the real fun will start!

Steve

That's always good news to have less damage then you thought. I guess why they say doctors are practicing medicine (until they get it right) until they retire.

At least the rvocery time should be short if you don't over do it before the leg is ready.

Two quick questions for Ray "CRASH" Kull.

1. How many times do you step on your rear brake when you're on the track?

And don't count the many times that you are attempting your famous "Tire wall pole vault".

2. If you never step on your rear brake, why not?

If my memory serves me right, you once told me that you would remove your rear brake entirely if you thought you could get it thru tech. inspection.

Gray Ray #65

Moto Series

Gray ray you senile old fart. I was not questioning the fact that you should never use the rear brake, I was questioning where you said applying the REAR brake loads the FRONT wheel. Go back to your nap. :)

Guy's ,

I thought that we were picking on Steve, Man if I knew we were critiquing each others lack of motorcycling knowledge we should start another Thread. This one has been specifically designated to Steve,s lack of riding ability. Hey! Since you guy,s started this line of reasoning, could you tell us who has the most crash's Under there belts?

Just askin, Dave

Latest posts