• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Seats... I've been thinking

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric L

Not that kind of a doctor
Reaction score
I cant being myself to mail my seat away for three weeks. What we need is a spare or a loaner so we can mail our seat away and use the loaner. I was looking on ebay for a used seat, but that doesn't seem likely. Do you guys know of a junkyard to pick up some seats or do people have 'spares' sitting around? Do you just not ride for weeks when Russel had your seat?

Plan a vacation around a ride in at Russell. You get the seat and the adventure.

I cant being myself to mail my seat away for three weeks. What we need is a spare or a loaner so we can mail our seat away and use the loaner. I was looking on ebay for a used seat, but that doesn't seem likely. Do you guys know of a junkyard to pick up some seats or do people have 'spares' sitting around? Do you just not ride for weeks when Russel had your seat?
I had a corbin before I decided to spring for the Russell, so I kept using that while the stock seatpan was out there. Speaking of which, I should probably sell that corbin...

Consider yourself lucky if Russell will have your seat back in three weeks during the beginning of riding season. I sent my seat in to Russell in April and got it back in June. A long wait, but well worth it. I wouldn't be without it now.

So two things. One, cota95 is the man. Thanks loads.

Second, the CEBailys ones that they are marketing on ebay and their website (same price) appear to be available with a 'seat swap' - e.g. they have spare pans and can build a seat and then you send them yours later.

I am going with Russell

I too wondered about a "spare" seat. Sent my seat to Russell yesterday. They indicated that they are on schedule. Hoping to have it back before the warm weather arrives. We had golf ball size hail today, snow tonight and forcasting lows in the low 20's the next two nights. Guess I'm not missing the seat just yet!

I paid $100 for a used gen 1 stock seat in excellent condition. Bought it here on the forum. I sent that one to Russell while I rode my Corbin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bungee corded the foam & cover from an old XS11 seat to the spot & road it. Sat kinda low, but ride-able.

I was going to offer up the same thing. You pay shipping back and forth. I got a set for ya. I want them back because eventually they will be redone.

Second, the CEBailys ones that they are marketing on ebay and their website (same price) appear to be available with a 'seat swap' - e.g. they have spare pans and can build a seat and then you send them yours later.

I am going with Russell
So now are you renaming your daughter da"cota"? She will be so confused with all the name changes...

I am going with Russell
So now are you renaming your daughter da"cota"? She will be so confused with all the name changes...
Miss Cota is a so much nicer name....

I am late into this one, but I have my stockers and am within driving distance of the OP. I loaned mine out last year to another Marylander doing the same thing.