self cancelling blinkers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTXEDFJR

Reaction score
I hope this isn't a stupid question but are the blinkers self cancelling. I have yet to ride the bike do to SNOW :angry:

Steve

Ya' know....my Troll-O-Meter ™ is starting to beep intermittently. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this isn't a stupid question but are the blinkers self cancelling. I have yet to ride the bike do to SNOW :angry:
Steve
Ya' know....my Troll-O-Meter ™ is starting to beep intermittently.
Matt, I've had the same thought. <_< I'd rather believe exhuberance and honest desire to belong, so...... :rolleyes:
Steve, my friend, let me introduce you to a SEARCH procedure.

1) decide on a question or issue

2) use Google

3) type in your question (self cancelling turn signals) SPACE fjrforum.com

Here are some examples: self cancelling turn signals site:fjrforum.com, or turn signals site:fjrforum.com

Trust me, every question you are asking has been asked and answered many times...to the point of frustration...when the answer is available by the method above.

You might also peruse the two "Bin-O'-Facts" pages. There's a lot of information in both the GenI and GenII threads. Link to FAQ section.

I mean, its snowing and all, so you have plenty of time on your hands....then when its Spring and you get to meet up with other owners and see their FJRs, you can start your list of future farkles...the things you didn't know existed but that you can't live without! :lol:

I thought they were all "self" cancelling. I "self" cancel mine, can't get anyone else to reach the button . . . :p
Youse guys knows what he means! The turn signals on my 1979 Yamaha XS1100SF would "self-cancel" (though sometimes before I wanted them to). It certainly isn't cutting-edge technology for Yamaha to have put them on this bike. That being said, it isn't that difficult to add a unit that will perform the function......if one NEEDS to. :eek: Personally, I find it part of the fun, on a group ride, to tell others (or have them tell me) a bike is "leaking blinker juice"! :lol:

J/K of course ! I wonder if a retrofit from an older model could be wired in . . . .Probably NERPT
In the links I provided there are a couple of brands mentioned that will do the job. I'd think an aftermarket unit should be easier to install than refiguring an "older" unit.

What might be nice is the feature we have on our Jeep Commander which, when you barely depress or lift the turn signal stalk it gives four turn flashes then stops... this would be great on the FJR for lane changes at speed, where the focus needs to be on the road and the semi you're passing, and not so much on remembering to turn off the strobe!

C

....Trust me, every question you are asking has been asked and answered many times...to the point of frustration...when the answer is available by the method above.....
I wonder how long the forum will stay up if there are no more threads, just searches :rolleyes:

....Trust me, every question you are asking has been asked and answered many times...to the point of frustration...when the answer is available by the method above.....
I wonder how long the forum will stay up if there are no more threads, just searches :rolleyes:
A long, long time.

The forum will fare just fine if people read the FAQ's, Best of NEPRT, and don't become search welfare recipients....especially on the NEPRT stuff.

I tried a search for a toilet bowl cleaning methods......nothing came up. Am I searching the wrong way? :rolleyes:

I tried a search for a toilet bowl cleaning methods......nothing came up. Am I searching the wrong way? :rolleyes:
...or search mental health services recipients.

We have lots let of you folks though and we luv 'ya. :rolleyes:

Latest posts