Self Intro

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgarrett3434

On two wheels again!
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi my name is Tom Garrett I live near Salem Oregon. I just bought a used 2006 Fjr from a lady in Camas Washington on July 1. It has 65k on it, My last bike was a BMW K 1200 LT weighing 930 pounds. So this bike is refreshingly light. I’m looking forward to riding the wheels off of it, but I have an intermittent SH 46 error code that I got to figure out. I retired about six weeks ago and I’ve got lots of places I wanna go to on this bike, looking forward to input from This Forum thank you.

Attachments

• 13D60EEA-9D7E-435C-BE96-2F15CC9430D2.jpeg
    13D60EEA-9D7E-435C-BE96-2F15CC9430D2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1
Dude! Yer bike’s facing the wrong way! How’d you get that up there anyway?? 😳
Congrats on the purchase and welcome from eastern PA!
Thanks Dave. Dummy me, yes, loading it the ‘wrong way’ resulted in the windscreen ripping right off the bike when I got my pickup up to about 60 mph! I seem to always have to learn things the hard way. Have a happy summer!

Welcome from metro Seattle! From pic, looks like your '06 is an AE model? SH 46 is a common AE error. Check out the search feature (or Google) and you'll find many threads discussing this.

~G

Welcome from metro Seattle! From pic, looks like your '06 is an AE model? SH 46 is a common AE error. Check out the search feature (or Google) and you'll find many threads discussing this.

~G
Thanks for that, yeah it’s an AE. I didn’t do any research on these bikes before I pulled the trigger on this one but hopefully I’ll be a happy camper with this bike, I sure was happy when I did my demo ride!

Hi my name is Tom Garrett I live near Salem Oregon. I just bought a used 2006 Fjr from a lady in Camas Washington on July 1. It has 65k on it, My last bike was a BMW K 1200 LT weighing 930 pounds. So this bike is refreshingly light. I’m looking forward to riding the wheels off of it, but I have an intermittent SH 46 error code that I got to figure out. I retired about six weeks ago and I’ve got lots of places I wanna go to on this bike, looking forward to input from This Forum thank you.
Welcome to the community Tom. Nice bike. Looks like you have nearly the same colour as mine. Mine is reg 1. time in '07, but I think it's an overlay... a' 06 model. Have been wondering about that..
Which mod is it, an AE ( Europa AE)..or?. One from the community told me that the AS EUR, was an AE in the USA... Raid safe and enjoy you're bike.