Shipping my 04 to UAE -

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdolma

Master chef for Kebobs & Hummus extraordinaire
Reaction score
Good day everyone,

As you may already know, I since moved to Dubai, UAE since 2007 but my FJR is in Los Angeles. Planning this summer to actually ship it so I can ride it in the region. I checked the local Yamamama dealer and they actually have a mechanic from Yamaha Japan running the operation here. Spoke with him and no issues with Valve adjustments, smog or whatever....

Would like some advice on shipping companies etc....

Thank you,

Good day everyone,
As you may already know, I since moved to Dubai, UAE since 2007 but my FJR is in Los Angeles. Planning this summer to actually ship it so I can ride it in the region. I checked the local Yamamama dealer and they actually have a mechanic from Yamaha Japan running the operation here. Spoke with him and no issues with Valve adjustments, smog or whatever....

Would like some advice on shipping companies etc....

Thank you,
Send me a cashiers check for $8500.00US, and I will BRING the sonofabitch to your front door. I always wanted to see Dubai, and we Forum buddies gotta take care of each other.

Send me a cashiers check for $8500.00US, and I will BRING the sonofabitch to your front door. I always wanted to see Dubai, and we Forum buddies gotta take care of each other.
Do you have a Nigerian cousin, by chance?

Why don't you just ride it? You know, take the bridge?
So when are you coming back?
Hi Hal,

End of July for about a month.

Riding it was a great idea. Business case was presented, Win Business 2 process was followed, however the ministry veto'd the idea I am afraid.