Show us your Cockpit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing what ya'll have done to farkle the cockpit especially locating the radar detector, gps, xm radio etc etc. What mounting brackets, tech mounts, etc.

Post your piccies please!

here's the view on my 05'.........

b58a80ec.jpg
[/img]

Home made radar detector platform mntd. to Ram ball off left mirror mnt, GPS on Stemstand w/amplirider master volume control attached to bottom, Hoon Hardware XM radio mnt.

Hi Groo,

That looks like a valentine 1 on there. I have one of those and would like to mount it like you did. Which mounting brackets did you use? It looks like a ram mount. Any info would be appreciated. What kind of cradle does it sit in? Do you have the sound going to your ears or do you just rely on the visble cues? Is it hard wired into your bike?

Thanks

sgoat,

What do you have around your wndshield? It almost looks like rubber hose split in two. What was your reason for installng it? Thanks, just curious!

Jesus, how can you guys even insert the key and turn it with all that in your way?

James

What do you have around your wndshield? It almost looks like rubber hose split in two. What was your reason for installng it? Thanks, just curious!
It appears to be a Saeng edging. The edging is supposed to smooth air flow and reduce turbulance with an airfoil shape and very fine ribbing. Saeng

4000css.jpg

Sorry about the motorcycle brand :erm:

4000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a valentine 1 on there. I have one of those and would like to mount it like you did. Which mounting brackets did you use? It looks like a ram mount. Any info would be appreciated. What kind of cradle does it sit in? Do you have the sound going to your ears or do you just rely on the visble cues? Is it hard wired into your bike?
Yep V1 for moi...

It's on a RAM power plate that attaches to a standard RAM arm and a brake reservoir mount (part RAM-HB1 on that page). It's easy on/easy off, and is rock solid at elevated speeds....

I've also learned that audio input is a must, because even though the V1 is in front of me, it's off to the side a bit, so the earliest warnings can get visually ignored, and the speaker isn't loud enough at highway speeds. The audio alerts through my earbuds easily get my attention immediately, so the sound goes into my Mixit2, and then through my earbuds to my cranium...

The only connection for the V1 at the power plate is the phone jack connection. That runs back to the adapters Valentine sells, and which I've mounted under the riders seat, including a switched power distribution block, and my Mixit2.

zz -

What's that box you've got your Roady in? Never seen one of those before.

Hey! I have that *Exact* same cheap AM/FM/Weatherband radio!

How did you mount it? I zip-tied mine, along with an ipod shuffle, on one of the 2"x 6" ram plates that have about 20 holes in them.

I used some black zip ties I got from Home Dept which came with some 3M stick on ankers which the tie passes through so it doesn't slide off the brake reserviour. Then I passed it through the clip that came with the radio. I can remove the radio by just sliding it up out of the clip.

The XM Radio is enclosed in a Pelican waterproof box, above my radio is my chatterbox which the xm, cellular is connected. If I don't want xm for the particular ride, I place my Ipod in the Pelican instead. Over my Dash is my Radar/Laser dectector (can't believe I paid over $300 when it came out new) and on the right side is my HP/LP/Scanner/Weather/DOT radio, which is probably the best investment above the detector. This will tell me if ANY law enforcement is in the area, whether they have thier radar or laser on or off, or if they are in a plane over head, I can detect thier transponder signal, and it will show me a visual/audible alarm. I don't think they sell this in California either, but its great to hear them chase people.

... on the right side is my HP/LP/Scanner/Weather/DOT radio, which is probably the best investment above the detector. This will tell me if ANY law enforcement is in the area, whether they have thier radar or laser on or off, or if they are in a plane over head, I can detect thier transponder signal, and it will show me a visual/audible alarm. I don't think they sell this in California either, but its great to hear them chase people.
Got a link for it?

sgoat,What do you have around your wndshield? It almost looks like rubber hose split in two. What was your reason for installng it? Thanks, just curious!
Duff,

Ionbeam beat me to it and did a much better presentation on Saeng edging than I could have. An added benefit of it is that during rain storms, it acts like a gutter. The rain that would normally come off the top of your windscreen and onto your faceshield gets trapped and channeled down either side. The stuff's pretty pricey and the piece you see on my bike I've had for several years and 4 different bikes.

Hopefully I will be able to move most or all this stuff to the FJR. Here it is shown mounted on the GL1800.

Color Weather Radar GPS.

medium.jpg

SmarTire system monitor

medium.jpg

Valentine One remote display

medium.jpg

Helmet cam mount

medium.jpg

XM

medium.jpg

Ipod and V1 remote Audio

medium.jpg