SICK of this bike!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that is a lot better than admitting that the FJR sucks.
OMG! you're not SERIOUS?! What size ARE you? Yeah, the Feej is a big bike but I LOVE mine !!! (and I'm not very big )

Oh yeah. Rhetorical question since you're off the Forum ...... ;)
Watch out, Mary Ellen......you'll be next on the list! :eek:

Yeah...you might not be very "big" but you're fiesty, aren't you!?!? ;)

HUH?! To WHAT list are you referring, MM??

I was just about to add.... I've had my Feej lowered, I scrape hard parts all the time (which makes me want to put her back where she belongs but I need the stability at 'stop' speed) AND I love her at low speeds, too. No problemo.

And, yeah I CAN be feisty so watch yourself MM :assassin:

pgrhode's "list". :eek:

I was just about to add.... I've had my Feej lowered, I scrape hard parts all the time (which makes me want to put her back where she belongs but I need the stability at 'stop' speed) AND I love her at low speeds, too. No problemo.
Oh yeah!!!! I've got your number: approach with obeisance carrying chocolate offerings. ;)

Gotta stick this thread;

Classic, saw it from posting till now; truly classic!

Smart, really smart; dump on your bike to the forum of bike owners.

Rock on Feejer owners!

When a woman is under the influence of PMS, the only correct answer is 'Yes, dear' or silence. Most of the married men on the forum already know this. Some will bear scars, gained during the period in which they learned this.
Yes dear... :ph34r: The best thread of the year and I couldn't check it all day :( At least it was good for a chuckle before night-time. Thanks gang!

--G

All I can say is "wow." (Notice that I put the period inside the double-quotes, as per the style guide.)

9k miles, dropped twice because of stalls...that really does sound like a lemon of a bike. Too bad you're not in Ca, we have lemon laws here for things like that.

Looking at your past posts, you used to love the fjr. I'm bummed you changed your mind, I personally disagree. As others have said, good on you for deciding on a change rather than living with a problem.

Mike (with the 29" inseam)

She needs an AE. It has finger de-icers and an anti-stall system called yccs.

I got out my swiss army knife and cut the seat padding to my liking instead of buying a lowering kit. Then I bought nice riding boots and put the best cushion insoles I could find inside so I could get my 29 inseam legs planted nearly flat at stop lights.

Didn't buy my feej for lots of stop & go - just go. Nice to have this under my butt while I watch quickly advancing tenths of miles instead of mph.

:yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
. Had her dialed in so well my husband could not lose me in the turns on his FZ1. Wonderful, or so I thought. If a little weight can throw her off this much, to hell with it. Awful, AWFUL ride!!
No disrespect to your husband, but even an average rider on an FZ1 would toast an FJR in the twisties. How do I know....I own both bikes. The FJR is a sports TOURER & a very good one. I think he [ your husband ] was just cruising & didn't want to show up your riding abilities for what they really are.........UP TO S^IT. Bye Bye :bye:

pgrhode's "list". :eek:

Oh yeah!!!! I've got your number: approach with obeisance carrying chocolate offerings. ;)
Oh, crap. THAT list :glare:

Make sure it's dark (chocolate) :rolleyes:

. Had her dialed in so well my husband could not lose me in the turns on his FZ1. Wonderful, or so I thought. If a little weight can throw her off this much, to hell with it. Awful, AWFUL ride!!
No disrespect to your husband, but even an average rider on an FZ1 would toast an FJR in the twisties. How do I know....I own both bikes. The FJR is a sports TOURER & a very good one. I think he [ your husband ] was just cruising & didn't want to show up your riding abilities for what they really are.........UP TO S^IT. Bye Bye :bye:
Would you want her on your case??

I don't get it.

I am 5'6", the bike is not lowered, stock seat, suspension is not set to softish settings.

Sure...I tippy toe it, but to this date *knock on wood*, I have never had a problem.

At any speed over about 4kmph, the height and weight of the bike is a non-issue. It isn't gonna fall over unless you screw up. When stopping/parking, use your eyes and make a smart choice. period.

am I missing something? :wacko:

Maybe cuz mine's a Gen 1; they are the best!

Get in while the gettin' is good folks.... I'm gonna shut this thread down at the 24-hour mark (which about 90 minutes from now), primarily due to it's poor positioning..... the OP should have posted this on Thursday, not Monday.

It is throwing off our traditional Dogpile Fridays, and we can't be having that. Traditions must be upheld. Always.

90 minutes... let's see how many of you can get in a last shot! :lol:

am I missing something? :wacko:
I think your problem, barb, is that you think 'normally', as in, all synapses appear to be firing as advertised, etc, etc.

Not sure that is the case for the OP.... :huh: :D

Get in while the gettin' is good folks.... I'm gonna shut this thread down at the 24-hour mark (which about 90 minutes from now), primarily due to it's poor positioning..... the OP should have posted this on Thursday, not Monday.
It is throwing off our traditional Dogpile Fridays, and we can't be having that. Traditions must be upheld. Always.

90 minutes... let's see how many of you can get in a last shot! :lol:

Ahhhhhhhh ,,,, this has been fun,,, :clapping: :clapping:

gunbus-1.jpg

Pffft, she's not even on a feej-I call BS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we should go to the dealer where she bought it & bitch slap the sales person for selling her the FJR & not a 250 Virago. Also all these post & no one told her to go to Kmart & go to the kiddie bike section & purchase a set of training wheels. (geeze you guys are slipping). I think she should part it out (since she dropped it) & sell the engine to Radiohowie !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.