Side Hard Bags Rejuvenation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I ordered and received a bottle of 303 Protectant today from Amazon. Phroenips, you're welcome. :) I have a Givi E52 on my Silver Wing that has turned gray as the Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant got sand blasted off by an extremely heavy rain. I would choose that trunk as my first test with the 303.

The product went on smoothly as I sprayed the magic liquid on a cotton cloth and began the application. I choose the garage to do the work as it's too frickin' hot outside to do anything. The top case looks very nice now. No wild, shiny glare, just a good as new finish. No slippery, greasy feel to it either and no odor. I will be reviewing this product further after testing in on a trip in all the elements. So far, I'm pleased.

The real story will follow later after seeing the durability of the 303 Protectant over time. Now I have no excuse to wash the FJR as I have what I need to restore the fading non painted plastic surfaces. The painted bodywork is easy to wash and wax.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stumbled across this thread last week and thought some suggestions might work on my really sun faded clutch resivoir cover.

So I checked out the black magic stuff on Amazon and the reviews kind of went back and forth, but someone suggested Forever Black on the Amazon reviews.

I applied it last night and WOW.. now I have to put some on the brake side so they match.

I have to assume it would work great on the bags too.

Just be careful when you first press to start the dye flow, because it will flow fast, had to hurry and wipe it off my fairing it came out so fast.

But it seems to work really well, it really looks nice and black now.

Forever Black

Hey WT! Thanks for the suggestion. I also checked out Amazon's review for Forever Black and 13 of the 92 reviews were rated at 1 star. Many of these products used to reblacken plastics and such look great when first applied and then don't hold up in the sun and rain. This one appears to be no different according to the reviews. If you do lots of riding in the elements, please posts a follow up review. Hard to review this type of product without seeing its results over time. Amazon negative reviews here: Click This