sidebags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nubfjr

Reaction score
hi all,

question for the group, damaged a sidebag today (actually fell off my bike as i didn't totally secure it) so now the outer cover has a bunch of road rash on it. Can you purchase this separately from the rest of the bag or do i have to buy a new bag entirely?

thanks,

rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can buy just the outer shell. I have replaced several, you just have to drill out the 4 rivets on the bottom. IIRC the last one I bought was around $360. from Mike at University Motors. Smitty

That's odd, because an entirely new bag, no work required, was quoted around 420 or 440 when I called. For that small a price difference, I think I'd just get the new bag and change out the locks.

really? all the prices i see are around 500 bucks for a new bag. There's lots of scratches on the painted surface, not sure if it could be sanded down and re-painted but its a possibility. I'll see what the outer shell costs and then compare.

I was a little off on the price from U-Motors. I found my receipt and this is what it cost me.

5JW-W9340-0L-35 left luggage lid $330.89 plus shipping but no tax...

Smitty

that's for a 2005 model i take it. I have to see this for a 2006 model...checked 2 places, looked like they raised their prices...saw one for 383 and than one for 395

Yes, you can buy just the outer shell. I have replaced several, you just have to drill out the 4 rivets on the bottom. IIRC the last one I bought was around $360. from Mike at University Motors. Smitty
You can't buy the outer shell separately on the 06 and 07 models. You have to buy the entire saddle bag. I know this because I had to order one from UM. Sam

I thought that apart from the different colors they were all the same thing 03-07

well, checked with my dealer and the whole bag is 595.00! so i asked where does he get his paint work done...turns out some body shop does it in paterson. Dropped off the bag and 'splained my situation and he'll re-paint the bag for 270 bucks....so i'm happy and hopefully he can make it look like new again.

And if you had done a bit of searching, you would have found out they can be painted for just $75 plus shipping by Garauld....
:rolleyes:
And if you have seen the quality of work he has done, you could tell your significant other that you spent $500+ for a new bag, ship your old one to Garauld, and keep $425+ for other farkles..... Once you got it back from him, neither of you would be able to tell new from old.

But, that would be sneaky.

no way! now you tell me? he didn't start the work yet.

Ping me for details! how do i get this to you?

Rich

I can re-affirm that Garauld does very nice paint work. He painted my Givi e52 Lid to match my '07.

THANKS AGAIN GARY!

WICKED WEBBY