Sidi Armada Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creg-ny-baa

Reaction score
I've almost convinced myself on these, but thought I'd see if anyone had an opinion to add. I'm looking at the Sidi Armada Gore-Tex boots. If you're not familiar with them, there are videos at RevZilla and Motorcyclegear.com. They seem to be aimed at the Adventure crowd, but the features look pretty good, particularly Sidi's protective measures. What thinks?

I have the Aerostich Combat Light made by Sidi and love them, a BITCH to break in but will out last most boots for less than $400

Thought I'd revive this thread to see if there was any feedback to be had. I ordered a pair, but cancelled until I can sell off some things to pay for them.

I saved up and bought the Adventure Gore-Tex and they're pricey but worth it. Looking at the these Armada's, they too look expensive but still a good value. Are these new? If I'd known about these I might have bought them instead of the Adventure.

I have the adventure rain and they squeak a lot, sounds like these May have a similar problem. I didn't think it would bother me, but it does.

I saved up and bought the Adventure Gore-Tex and they're pricey but worth it. Looking at the these Armada's, they too look expensive but still a good value. Are these new? If I'd known about these I might have bought them instead of the Adventure.
I thought they came out this spring, but the WebBikeWorld review is from 12/2012. I first saw an ad for them in early summer.

Since they made the OnRoad GoreTex instead of Sympatex, it's a lot more weather resistant. I've thought about those, but kinda like the external ankle support (of the Armada). I see that the soles are the same between the two. I also think that the OnRoads are slightly taller, but I haven't checked to confirm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the Sidi Sport until my crash last year. This year I looked at the Armadas, but ended up with the Sidi Canyon GoreTex.

The main reason I shied away from the Armadas was because they seemed a bit "gadgety". You have to get through 2 layers to get your foot in. At 4 A.M. getting suited up to commute to work isn't a time when I want to be fooling around with trying to get into my boots. My winter 1-piece suit is cumbersome enough.

The Canyons fit my needs. It's not as technical and trail-ready as the Armada. But it has the shin and ankle pieces for protection. The ratchet can be a bit fidgety at times, but not a big problem. I've worn them 4-7 times a week since February and they've held up to the daily grind well.

Not sure what you're planning on using the boots for, but so far, the Sidi's have been good to me.

I have 2 pair of SIDI on road boots 1 Gore Tex and 1 Racing and I love them so much I just recently sent them off to be resoled. If I get in the need for new boots I would definatlly look st SIDI first. BY far the most comfortable boots I have owned

Last edited by a moderator: