Singer Dan Fogelberg dies at age 56

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndianaTom

Reaction score
NEW YORK - Dan Fogelberg, the singer and songwriter whose hits “Leader of the Band” and “Same Old Lang Syne” helped define the soft-rock era, died Sunday at his home in Maine after battling prostate cancer. He was 56.

MSNBC.COM

:(

My wife chose his song "Longer" for our wedding. I have most all of his work in vinyl form. Sad loss indeed.

Always liked the guy and became a fan with his first album. "Crow" and "Old Tennessee" still give me a shiver (if and when I ever hear them) -- many old memories associated.

RIP, Dan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad indeed

Very young guy for prostate cancer.

Very preventable if caught early

I saw him a couple of times in acoustic form

What a talented musician.

he will be missed

I am also a fan & was shocked when I saw this on the news. RIP Dan.

Very, very sad indeed.

You know they got a hell of a band up there in heaven.

This is the first I've heard of his death. Just his name brings back found High School Memories for me. Very sad to hear

RIP Dan. :sadsmiley02:

Saw him in concert one time and he was GREAT. It is far too young to die, and, unfortunately, due to a cancer that is one of the most easily diagnosed and treatable if detected early. I'm 53, and have a doctor who (thankfully) is very proactive about this (as well as other diseases). Do I like getting checked every year? No (really, NO!! :clapping: ), but is it worth it? YES!! I'm amazed at how many guys I know who are in their 50's or older who don't get this checked. Guys, just DO IT. And enjoy riding for many many more miles!! :yahoo: Jay