• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

- SOLD - 2006 FJR1300AE, 16122 Miles $6300 - Chapel Hill, NC (see linked Craigslist ad)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mferriter

Occasionally trying to get work done
Reaction score
Lovingly used. Bought it second hand in 2009 with about 6000 miles on it, I put on about 10,000.

GARAGE KEPT - battery tender used over the winter.

Not willing to part out any of the farkles - yet. (over $4000 in accessories, farkles, some never installed).

My daily commute just jumped from 20 miles to 80 miles each way - all highway, nothing fun about it.

Need to sell this to create some room for an econo-box.

Additional pictures on Craigslist.

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/4384013930.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful bike with many farkles. I almost wish I hadnt bought mine a few months ago. Is it illegal to own 2 AE's? Good luck with the sale. P.

Interesting. To me that kind of commute would only be bearable and economical on a bike.
+1. Make sense to commute with the bike except in winter.
I've done the commute many times and it's not much fun in rain/cold or extreme heat. I can't show up to work soaking wet from rain or sweat and not much great on the ride home in rain/heat either.

At 45 mpg or so, I can do about the same with a very small car.

Maybe I'm just getting old.