• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD - Dean Tanji aux fuel tank

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I coveted the Dean Tangi tank for a long time. I remember my friend "MadMike2" had one and when his stator failed, we mounted an RV battery to it at the Chevron station in Furnace Creek Death Valley, and he made it back home to Sacramento. I also remember the tank spewing fuel on a hot day due to a plugged vent. I used to think how great it would be to have almost 500 miles of range in a setup that would allow tandem installation of the tank and a case. I still think it would be pretty cool, but the reality is at 65 don't do the miles any more to justify it, especially with retirement income.

So why is it so painful to see this tank not going on my bike?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. I don't ride like I used to or I'd snap it up. This is a great tank and an amazing price. But bumping it for the same viewership has diminishing returns. Best to take the notice to another venue and post it in other places for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just texted a buddy of mine to see if he might be interested. He's a bit younger than myself with an '05 and he's been getting the LD itch.

I can't believe this tank isn't sold yet. I guess my buddy isn't ready to start using an aux fuel cell yet.

Back when I had my '05 I built my own fuel cell. When it got replaced by my current '15 bike, I had to make a few simple modifications to make it fit. What I'm getting at is I can't imagine it would be that much different with a Tanji tank to make it work with a non-Gen 1 bike.

For those riders who aren't a rally rider, there's still a lot of benefits to using an aux fuel cell. If you take a lot of trips solo, the drop in fuel stops you have to make is awesome, plus you have a greater surface area to store stuff.

It's not. Several people made the swap when they got new bikes. I wanted one really badly when they first came out but couldn't afford it. This is a great price and product. I just don't need aux fuel any more.

That was me, thanks for the heads up! And thanks for the tank!!! Cant wait to use it this year!

Latest posts