• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD--Motoport Kevlar Mesh Suit and Liners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
Selling my full Motoport kevlar mesh suit (as the title of the thread implies) along with rain liners and warmth liners for both the jacket and the pants. The pants liner is for both rain and cold, and two different liners for the jacket--one quilted warmth liner and a separate thin rain/wind shell. Both can be worn together under the jacket when needed.

I'm confident that nothing offers better protection than this suit if the worst happens. Well, maybe not the best leather racing gear, but even then, this WILL protect your skin. The kevlar fabric is super tough, and there's quality armor at the hips, knees, back, shoulders, elbows and forearms. The top and bottom zip together.

By the way, it's black, with wide reflective 3M Scotchlite stripes down the arms and legs and across the back.

Condition is very good. All zippers and fasteners work fine. I'm 6' or 6'1" and weigh about 210.

Full disclosure--while I think you can't do better for protection, the suit isn't super comfortable for me. The fabric is stiff to wear and bulky. Enough that I just haven't worn it too much, though I've had it for several years. It's lived in my closet for most of that time. But if protection is the main thing you're after in a riding suit, this could be what you want.

Motoport's stuff is very expensive as a quick look at their website will show you. They may not still have this exact suit in their lineup, but a lot of folks on the forum own them and many swear by them. I just want to make room in the closet and I'd like this one to go to somebody who'll appreciate it more than I do. But since clearing it out of the closet is a main goal of mine, please don't ask about buying just part of the set. There are five pieces--top, bottom, and three liners. It all goes together, and I'm asking $250 plus shipping. That's a very big savings. If you only want the suit, it's still $250, and I'm putting the liners in the box I'm sending you anyway. Free.

If interested, I'll text you pictures of all this to your phone, because I gave up trying to post pictures here years ago. But I'll send all the pics you want that way. EDIT: It's going to Texas. Hope you like it Mophead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, you would probably like the stretch Kevlar better. I hardly wear my mesh anymore, though its great for warmer climates. Your price is a steal.

Yep, the buyer will be guilty of theft, maybe even elder abuse for taking advantage of an aged seller. Ballpark guess is that getting that suit new might cost 6 times that much, depending on a couple options.

Damn...that's a great deal, for someone...I'd take it if it was my size. Love my Motoport pants

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Motoport jacket, I agree, just too stiff. Great protection, construction, etc. Maybe wore it twice.I actually just re-tried it on, and still think its just a bit too stiff. GLWS Mike.

I have the same set-up plus later purchased the stretch Kevlar jacket. That price is outrageous. I paid twice that just for the made for me mesh jacket alone....

If you wear it more it will soften up. My MotoPort Mesh is now as flexible and soft as flannel pajamas!
whistle.gif
So does that mean that Shauna lets you wear it to bed???
rolleyes.gif

Got the PM first, so I guess that's first refusal, though 1911's question was posted earlier. It seems the PM should take precedence. God, a dilemma, first thing in my day! (OK, I know I'm posting this at 10:45. I'm retired.)

I'll take pictures today. Motoport doesn't mark sizes on the gear; they tell you what measurements to take and they don't want to know what sizes the clothes you have are, I suppose because different makers all do it their own way. You send them the measurements they ask for and they send you your suit, but my height and weight should be a good guide. My last jeans were 36 x 32 but I've bought some pants in 34 length. No problem with the length going over the boot in riding position. My last sportcoat was a 46. Dress shirts are 17 x 34, for sleeve length. Shoe size is 13, hat's about 7-1/2. Just in case you wondered.

Got the PM first, so I guess that's first refusal, though 1911's question was posted earlier. It seems the PM should take precedence. God, a dilemma, first thing in my day! (OK, I know I'm posting this at 10:45. I'm retired.)
I'll take pictures today. Motoport doesn't mark sizes on the gear; they tell you what measurements to take and they don't want to know what sizes the clothes you have are, I suppose because different makers all do it their own way. You send them the measurements they ask for and they send you your suit, but my height and weight should be a good guide. My last jeans were 36 x 32 but I've bought some pants in 34 length. No problem with the length going over the boot in riding position. My last sportcoat was a 46. Dress shirts are 17 x 34, for sleeve length. Shoe size is 13, hat's about 7-1/2. Just in case you wondered.
Whew. Glad you stopped the measurement thread when you did, Mike!

JSNS and
fuck.gif

Hugs n' Kisses

Mike sent pictures last night and I just now read his measurements post. I am bowing out for the suit. I used to be 36 inseam and now in older age gone to 34 and some of those are too short so I'm thinking the pants will be too short. The jacket is also 3/4 length and just never been a big fan of that length.

Thank you Mike for all the pics and information. Don't think this will be here very long. Your price is charity.

Somebody buy this suit soon. It's my size and I need more motorcycle gear like I need another hole in my head. I doubt I'll ride long enough to wear out what I already as dy have.

Uggg... kills me absolutely to let this pass me by, unfortunately funding at this moment isnt going to happen, and I'm not going to hold up a deal for someone else..