• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD- Ohlins Street Performance Shock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stepcloser

Reaction score
I have a almost new Ohlins Street Performance shock it has a 917 LB spring on it and the valving is for about 240 lb rider.

I had it on my 06 for about two months, and rode it about 3000 miles. Its barely broken in.

It made a significant improvment to the handling and ride when I installed it.

I took advantage of the Race Tech group buy right after I bought this which is why its for sale now.

I paid just shy of $600.00 for it and would like to get $300.00 + shipping for it.

I have a almost new Ohlins Street Performance shock it has a 917 LB spring on it and the valving is for about 240 lb rider.I had it on my 06 for about two months, and rode it about 3000 miles. Its barely broken in.

I took advantage of the Race Tech group buy right after I bought this which is why its for sale now.

I paid just shy of $600.00 for it and would like to get $300.00 + shipping for it.
Interested .... exactly what model is that?

Yes - what model is it? Pictures? PM sent.

I have a almost new Ohlins Street Performance shock it has a 917 LB spring on it and the valving is for about 240 lb rider.I had it on my 06 for about two months, and rode it about 3000 miles. Its barely broken in.

Likely a YA-053 for that price.

I'm guessing it won't work on a Gen1?
sad.png
No sir.

I apologize for not responding, I have been out of town at a wedding.

Its Ohlins street performance line of shocks, https://www.ohlins.com/Our-products-new/Motorcycle/Street-Performance-Line/Shock-absorbers/

The model is an S46DR1 part number is YA-053

The spring is part number1092-64/160

Im sorry, but I don't have a photobucket account to post pictures. I have the owners booklet, the preload adjuster tool and the stickers too.

Its not the super wazoo reservoir model, I would keep it if it was, but it is a significant upgrade from stock.

I have received several PM's from members, and have tried to respond to you all.

I will follow up with a post when someone finally buys it.

I do practice first ask first serve.

Isn't the swingarm shorter on a gen I, and won't that affect the spring? I.e. if a spring rate is appropriate for a specific rider's weight on a Gen II be too stiff for the same rider on a Gen I ?

Isn't the swingarm shorter on a gen I, and won't that affect the spring? I.e. if a spring rate is appropriate for a specific rider's weight on a Gen II be too stiff for the same rider on a Gen I ?
That's a good question and my butt dyno says that a GEN2 requires about a 50lb heavier spring than a GEN1 (I need a 750lb spring on a GEN1, or a 800lb spring on a GEN2). The spring on this shock appears to be a 160N/mm which is about 914lbs....good spring for a very heavy rider or riding 2-up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, so it's setup for a 240 lb rider on a 2nd gen or a 280 lb rider on a 1st gen.

Or you could change the spring

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, so it's setup for a 240 lb rider on a 2nd gen or a 280 lb rider on a 1st gen.

Or you could change the spring
I think a 900lb spring would be about right for a 280-300 lb rider on a GEN2......I'm about 225 with riding gear and a 800 lb spring works pretty good with the bags on and loaded and a 15 lb trunk.