Speed Bleeders for 2013/Gen 3

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a 2009A :

The rear speedbleeder is part number SB7100S (the front caliper speedbleeder part number is SB8125L). The clutch speedbleeder is part number SB8125L. So, 3x SB8125L and 1x SB7100S for a complete speedbleeder setup.

You're short a bleeder. 1 clutch, 3 front calipers, and 1 rear caliper. 5 total.

I'd swear the clutch was different from the rest, but it's been years, so my memory could be failing on this.

You're short a bleeder. 1 clutch, 3 front calipers, and 1 rear caliper. 5 total.
I'd swear the clutch was different from the rest, but it's been years, so my memory could be failing on this.
Nah, clutch and all up front are the same threads but different lengths. That's the 'L' at the end vs. 'LL'. 'L' for clutch, front left, front rear. 'LL' for front right. The rear rear is the odd one. At least that's what/where I installed them on my bike. If I had a do-over, I'd use the 8125-no 'L' for the clutch. A little more room for the hose would be nice.

BikeEffects page has a list of all the speedbleeders you need
Perhaps you should have looked up the page and linked to it. Less work for the searcher
fool.gif
. The confusion comes b/c (I think) bike effects has not updated their application list for bikes past '09. And the use of 'LL' is confusing. At least they finally lowered the price to be in line with the rest of the world.

That's right...I remember the back one being a different number, and something different about the clutch. I'll concede that it's the length cuz you're probably right and I don't remember. Haha...Crap!

I just saw bike effects pages recently and it had all the info needed for a 13.

Your google should work as well as mine for searching...

I've gotten all the Speedbleeders I've needed over the last several years from "Kirby's Brake Bleeders" on eBay. If you contact him, he'll put together a "private" auction for the full set, if he doesn't already have it configured. Usual disclaimers apply.

I've gotten all the Speedbleeders I've needed over the last several years from "Kirby's Brake Bleeders" on eBay. If you contact him, he'll put together a "private" auction for the full set, if he doesn't already have it configured. Usual disclaimers apply.
+1 for Kirby's. He's done right by me.

There's no notes in there that specifically answer the 2012 question, either. And $15 for a single SB8125LL? That's more than twice the price than the mfr's website:fool: .
My prices are MSRP. $15.00 are for stainless steel. The 8125 LL come only in stainless. I do offer discounts as well. See link below.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are really lucky, then Russ (rbentnail) will send you any extra speed bleeders he has laying around for free.....
smile.png

If you are really lucky, then Russ (rbentnail) will send you any extra speed bleeders he has laying around for free.....
smile.png
Sorry, not this time
no.gif
. All I got left is one 10mm that fits my wife's Mazda. But I was hoping you'd pop in and assure everyone concerned that the sizes used in the past still work on the 2013.

^^^^

Why do you keep wondering if they work for the 13?

If you look at the FJR matrix on this board, and see that the brakes have not changed from the 12 to the 13, then brake parts haven't changed and you should be good.

No need for angst.

^^^^Why do you keep wondering if they work for the 13?

If you look at the FJR matrix on this board, and see that the brakes have not changed from the 12 to the 13, then brake parts haven't changed and you should be good.

No need for angst.
I am not wondering. Others were wondering. I know they fit. Ptero put them on, prolly the first who ever tried them on a 2013, b/c I sent the extras I had to him in the spirit of the Pay It Forward thread.

Let it go Louey, yer reading too much into it.

No magic. Gen II - Gen III, samo - samo. But for heaven's sake do not use a 12 point socket or wrench to install them.

Here's the story. The GenIII takes 3 SB8125L for the front brakes and 1 SB8215L for the clutch. The rear takes 1 SB7100-S. I can not speak for all mfg. but the Kirby speed bleeders require a 5/16 wrench to install them. The threads are metric but the hex is not.

I don't have 'em written down, but that sounds like the same set of five that I used on my GenII.

Last edited by a moderator: