Speed Bleeders for 2013/Gen 3

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the story. The GenIII takes 3 SB8125L for the front brakes and 1 SB8215L for the clutch. The rear takes 1 SB7100-S. I can not speak for all mfg. but the Kirby speed bleeders require a 5/16 wrench to install them. The threads are metric but the hex is not.
Thanks for the info Art, I will order all 5 today.

I believe they are zinc chromate plated steel except for the polished Stainless Steel ones. The internal spring and check ball are stainless.

When I removed my Speedbleeders from my 2009 (Speedbleeders installed in 2011) because I was trading the old girl in for a 2014, I noticed that the Speedbleeder for the clutch had some good rust on the part located Inside the housing (not the part exposed to the elements).... my next one will be stainless steel. The other Speedbleeders were as good as new. My 2 cents...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have 'em written down, but that sounds like the same set of four I used on my GenII.
Which nipple didn't you replace?
I'm a dumba**. I meant five. Fixing the original post.

fool.gif

I'm pretty sure all Canadian FJRs only accept bleeders with left hand threads and require a 7/16W Whitworth wrench to install.... pretty sure.

I used an adjustable wrench. Good tight fit. Had to turn it over tho. Was using the 0-1" side, flipped it to use the 0-25 mm side, being as this is a metric machine.

If you plan on keeping the bike or if you ride a lot in wet weather, I would suggest stainless steel. I do not intentionally ride in rain and never ride on roads with salt or calcium chloride. I have installed stainless steel because it is good for life. Kriby sells stainless for $12ea and that is a good investment. All 5 bleeders for $65 delivered to U.S. destinations. Keep in mind, the correct size wrench for these bleeders is 5/16".