Speed crack down in VT

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snikr

Reaction score
The Vermont State Police just announced they are cracking down on speeders in Vermont. We've had so many deaths on the roads that they had to try something. Just wanted everyone to know this so you can adjust your speeds. Of course this may all blow over in a month or so.

Tom

Rubbish. Since most people exceed the speed limit by various amounts the authorities call accidents "speed related" even though the direct cause is something else. The Florida Dept of Transportation did a study and speed was the direct cause of only 2.2% of accidents. A government study in the UK attributed speed to 5% of accidents. The fairly well know "Solomon Curve" illustrates that exceeding the traffic flow speed is less risky than driving slower than traffic flow.

Last edited by a moderator:
The good news for us NERDS is that most of the State Popo enforcement will be on the most highly traveled roads (I-89 and I-91) and we don't spend waste a whole lotta time on the VT interstates. Keep the RDs on high sensitivity and let's rock and roll!

Rubbish. Since most people exceed the speed limit by various amounts the authorities call accidents "speed related" even though the direct cause is something else. The Florida Dept of Transportation did a study and speed was the direct cause of only 2.2% of accidents. A government study in the UK attributed speed to 5% of accidents. The fairly well know "Solomon Curve" illustrates that exceeding the traffic flow speed is less risky than driving slower than traffic flow.
The news report said that speed wasn't the only "issue". But as everyone knows VT can get more MONEY if they crack down on speeders. And as for NERDS, I hope by then things will have settled down a bit. And Fred is right, we don't ride a lot of the patrolled main roads.

The good news for us NERDS is that most of the State Popo enforcement will be on the most highly traveled roads (I-89 and I-91) and we don't spend waste a whole lotta time on the VT interstates.

Take it easy in the towns and near any Interstate junctions. I can't believe we rolled by that VT SP doing a traffic stop on a dirt road along the Puppy Dog route. I noticed it was near an interchange for the interstate.

Everyone should know that the recent 100 plus Mass SP Academy graduates are now on the road generating dollars for our poor state too. Next years class should be 140+.

mr%2520bill.jpg

NERDS riders, by nature, know how to evade Poh-Poh. I know this from first hand experience. Wish I could be there for 2nd had experience too!

I saw my first FJR ever, pulled over on the shoulder of the Bennington bypass by a Vt. she-bear trooper in a pickup truck no less. Several times tho I've had them stick an arm out the window and motion for me to slow down..

NERDS riders, by nature, know how to evade Poh-Poh. I know this from first hand experience. Wish I could be there for 2nd had experience too!
Ya, you were behind me.. WITH a radar detector, when we came over that rise at about 70mph with me standing on the pegs to grab some cool air only to find the sheriff in his black Suburban lighting my nads up with his radar gun.

Ya, thanks for warning me :D

I'm still amazed he didn't pull me over.

Ya, you were behind me.. WITH a radar detector, when we came over that rise at about 70mph with me standing on the pegs to grab some cool air only to find the sheriff in his black Suburban lighting my nads up with his radar gun.

Must be he didn't think a bike with saddle bags could go that fast.

Must be he didn't think a bike with saddle bags could go that fast.
Nah, he knew it was Steve and figured he could get him when he came back after the u-turn! :rolleyes: