Spider Bite? Code 14 & Dead

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, getting it running again by cleaning the ground junction is often a temporary fix. On mine, I found a little heat-tarnishing/oxidation on one of the spiders. I cleaned everything up thoroughly, added a dab of grease to inhibit water intrusion and it was good for a week or two. Failed again after that so I ended out cutting the connector off and soldering all of the wires together. I hope yours stays fixed. If it doesn't, at least you know where to look.

Thanks. Fingers crossed. I have Brodies grounding harness installed. Checked all the S connectors and they looked good and they all have dielectric grease. The issue was a wonky connection at the battery ground.

Unfortunately, getting it running again by cleaning the ground junction is often a temporary fix. On mine, I found a little heat-tarnishing/oxidation on one of the spiders. I cleaned everything up thoroughly, added a dab of grease to inhibit water intrusion and it was good for a week or two. Failed again after that so I ended out cutting the connector off and soldering all of the wires together. I hope yours stays fixed. If it doesn't, at least you know where to look.