Split: 2014's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ionbeam

2 FUN
Reaction score
Prequel: In another thread there was talk about the number of FJRs sold with some really low numbers mentioned. A moderator shows up with some higher numbers, a Forumite says that they must be someplace other than where he lives. I thought I could show that there were in fact a significant number of FJRs sold by our one little sample here in New England. When this was split off by the moderator the entire reason for this post was lost. Splitting a post off is fine, but this post is pointless without the back story, might as well just delete the post and send me a nastygram for posting off topic. Even though this was within the content of the active thread.

Fred W sez to the local FJR group, "Lets meet someplace for breakfast, maybe The Foothills of Warner..." and this shows up --->

IMG_1542c_zpsabdb7305.jpg

That's a pretty high RED to other color/tone ratio.

Last edited by a moderator:
...And that was BEFORE Fred got his! Would have been four of them.
True. Plus there was a guy from the next town over at the same demo day that I bought mine at who I was talking to, and I know that he bought one (also a 14 ES).

The red '14 is an easy one to pick out of the lineup, so it's more obvious how many are out there. I see them out on the road around here all the time.

By the way, this post wasn't a ride report. It was a report on how many FJRs are sold in the US, and a demonstration of the numbers. It is in the wrong subforum now.

Oh, he already knows he wants one. It's more a problem finding one to buy than any lack of desire.
Yes, but there will be lots of gently used 2014's on the market (cheap) as soon as the BLUE Generation IV 2016 hits the showrooms.

Just kidding; I love the RED and might end out with one in a few years when I'm done with the 2007.

Oh, he already knows he wants one. It's more a problem finding one to buy than any lack of desire.
Yes, but there will be lots of gently used 2014's on the market (cheap) as soon as the BLUE Generation IV 2016 hits the showrooms.

Just kidding; I love the RED and might end out with one in a few years when I'm done with the 2007.
Even though I only have 110k miles on my FJR it's time to move on. Part 1 -- I'm riding a FJR with a history, so far, so good.....(1) Part 2a -- the Gen 3 offers a lot of upgrades that I like and it's worth it to me (key item, YMMV) Part 2b -- I've ridden a Gen 3 and like it a lot, it will make our 2-up riding much better over the New England roads.

While waiting for Yamaha to give us a hint on the '16, I let a mostly local 0 mile '14ES for <$14,000 slip away by just 2 weeks. Lots of tears over that.

(1) An optimist fell off the top of the Empire State Building. As he was falling many floors, someone put his head out a window and asked, “How’s it going?” He responded:

“So far, so good!”

Nice photoshop
Straight up photo that was cropped top & bottom to focus on the objects of interest. There are about a dozen witnesses to the photo.

Bookends at the time, '14s in back and of course, the '03 in front:

IMG_1539b_zps1d7bc52a.jpg

Smile

IMG_1538d_zps14c47124.jpg

You would have to know the 'twins' Iris & Jim to know why the bikes look alike

P1030145c_zpse204d658.jpg

Awesome photo op.
You know Alan......... as far as I know, there is still a 2500 mile '14 ES available here for $11,000............
Dammit Alan...buy the dang thing!

Bring your lovely wife and Jim and Iris down here, and we will put you up...a not so bad jumping off point for riding in these parts.

The one in SC is an A model, and I'm pretty sure Prof. ionbeam is wanting the ES goodness.

edit - I see the one in SC I was thinking of has been pulled off the market

I think this is the one Skooter's talkin' about (except the CL ad is no more):

2014 Red ES for sale in Phoenix Area First off, I would want to know if it is already YES covered, because now it would be impossible to get it if it wasn't, unless you happened to have a friend that works for Yamaha...
wink.png
Could be a real nice "get aquainted" Fly n' ride from Phoenix to Sandown if the weather holds out

In the interest of helping out a fellow New Englander in their time of red bike need desire:

There are a bunch of them out there, but many of them are listed at least at MSRP. A fella that really wanted one might make a few phone calls, especially to more northern places at this time of the year, make a cash on the barrel head deal offer and see what kind of magic happens. If you wait until spring, I'm betting the magic fades.