Split: Off-topic about Sena 20S with Neotec

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madmudder

Tim
Reaction score
My wife is claustrophobic and uses a Shoei Neotec modular helmet, has anyone successfully mounted a universal mic in this helmet? We have the Sena 20s units and the wire for the mic is just to short to use on this helmet in my experience so the boom mic is the only option to my knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
In one of the other Sena threads bouncing around here, someone had mentioned using the universal in a modular with no issue, so it's probably possible somehow. For my Neotec and an SMH10 (I would imagine the 20 would be similar in this regard), I went with the separate boom mic, which has a bit of velcro-like material at the helmet end to hold it in place between the cheek padding. It works very well and has yet to wiggle loose or anything like that.

IMG_3770-L.jpg

This is the same route that I will be going, soon, Scott.

Thanks for the photo, Burnspot.

Been trying to fit one onto a girlfriend's (unusual brand) modular helmet with no success. Looks like the boom mike can operate outside the clamp ... which allows lots of latitude for alternative placements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, the boom doesn't interfere with closure of the chinbar or chin curtain provided you have the mic in the usual "operational" position (photo). The SENA base plate that has the separate boom wasn't all that pricey.

Yet nobody has answered the actual question....
fool.gif

has anyone successfully mounted a universal mic in this helmet? We have the Sena 20s units and the wire for the mic is just to short to use on this helmet
While i have not successfully mounted one....I considered it. But I also found the wire too short and no practical way to extend.

I used this wired boom microphone in my Neotec and it works great. This boom came with the 20s that I bought.
Again, I don't think that's their question! They want to use the "universal" mic...which is the short one at the bottom of the picture. They know they can use the boom mic.

Ignacio, as you know, they have two boom mic's, the one in the picture that goes inside between the helmet and cheek pad and one that goes on the outside of the helmet.

The cheek pad one works great and does not interfere with opening and closing of the helmet.

The outside one was a pain in the butt for me because it was always getting in the way when I closed the helmet.

"They want to use the "universal" mic...which is the short one at the bottom of the picture."

You can order the universal mic with a longer cord but, again, it gets in the way when closing the helmet. This is just my experience, other might have better luck.