SPLIT: The Great White North Liberation NOW: VWs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ionbeam

2 FUN
Reaction score
Ol' Billy Fitz posts this picture in his rolling ride report ---

DSC_0283-L.jpg

And then, the perverters of threads chime in with:

There are also German Troop Transports in this photo. They must be plotting an invasion of their own. (Haven't seen a VW camper in a very long time.)
I've always wanted a vanagon. Have you looked to see how much they go for used? OMG! VW needs to import them again. Edit: They are, VW has plans in the works.
To which I will add -- The People's Car Company seen in Vermont on a ride with Fred W a couple of weeks ago:

IMG_1274a-XL.jpg

IMG_1272a-XL.jpg

But of all the VWs, this is the one that I'll always fondly remember:

IMG_1979b-XL.jpg

Because this rolling bedroom is what my early 70's girlfriend owned and drove.

Last edited by a moderator:
They don't make girlfriends like that anymore. Too bad......
HUH? Sure they do ...
wink.png
Hey toots, whatcha doin tonight with that Makers Mark? The tides are coming in and the Van has lobstahs cooking....... and the bed is turned down
smile.png
Some place in this I sorta remember being breathless........

When I purchased my new van the deal was my old FJR had to fit in for the return trip back to the island. Spent three months making this van into a custom camper which I also use as my daily drive. These old vans are still popular on the Canadian Left Coast. Demand is so high that Volkswagen are producing parts for them once again. As they say.... "When the van is rockin don't come knockin."

IMG_2657-Edit_zpsnfpnmmut.jpg

I saw a van, similar to the these posted here, with a bumper sticker that read......

"Don't laugh at my van, your daughter might be in here!"

I laughed then. Now that I have a teenage daughter, it's not funny at all.