Sport/Touring Mode Issues

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwilly

Administrator of Drama
Reaction score
Recently picked up a new 2015A, bike now has 4k miles and i'm having one issue. The bike keeps switching between Sport and Touring mode on it's own? I believe the switch is faulty because you can just touch the switch and it will switch back and forth without pushing it to the left as it was intended. Never had this issue with my 2014 in 20k miles?

Anyone else had this issue on a Gen 3?

Recently bought a 15A but have not experienced the problem you mention. To be fair I only used touring mode to ride it home from the dealer and didn't care for it: the delayed response. It's been in sport mode ever since.

But seriously...only put 20k on a 2014 and already upgraded by only one model year? I do not understand that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2013 sometimes defaults to T mode after a restart and it will change between T and S with the slightest touch of the switch. I suspect it is a faulty switch, but I haven't pursued the issue.

When they replaced my steering stem bearings under warranty they trapped the wire for the switch under the bars...caused constant switching back and forth, they replaced the switch under warranty...still works flawlessly....ff

I'd try a good shot of contact cleaner into the switch housing..if that doesn't work, then a new switch may be in order.

Recently bought a 15A but have not experienced the problem you mention. To be fair I only used touring mode to ride it home from the dealer and didn't care for it: the delayed response. It's been in sport mode ever since.
But seriously...only put 20k on a 2014 and already upgraded by only one model year? I do not understand that one.
Loose gravel in a turn and a guardrail will do that for you....

jwilly posted: Anyone else had this issue on a Gen 3?
No, but it's nice to see you back. Want to ride around in the 'burbs one afternoon? PM me. Sport Mode or Tour Mode, whichever your schizophrenic A-model chooses.
coolsmiley02.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Loose gravel in a turn and a guardrail will do that for you....
Ouch! Understood.