SS1000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bth_DSCN4477.jpg

Readily accessible in the tank bag! For a 1000cc bike it is fairly buzzy....I think it has something to do with it's no compromise racing design!

Timing puts me there at about 11:20....????!!!!! They have wonderful Subway Sandwiches there....the best on earth!

Last edited by a moderator:
Timing puts me there at about 11:20....????!!!!! They have wonderful Subway Sandwiches there....the best on earth!
Certainly can't say that for the McDonalds in Tonopah, it's the worst one earth!
sicksmiley02.gif

Enjoy the ride.

Keep Going!

Certainly can't say that for the McDonalds in Tonopah, it's the worst one earth!
sicksmiley02.gif
There's a McDs in Tonopah ?!? When did that happen...
ohno-smiley02.gif

Good luck sportrides, have a safe trip!

--G

Mt Rainier, thanks. I lived in Auburn, WA for 33 years.
Well, Kent and Auburn certainly had some heated rivalries back in the 50s and 60s among the high school crowd. One didn't venture too far into the others territory without re-enforcements close at hand.
rolleyessmileyanim.gif

Hinshaws Honda and Auburn were synonymous with each-other in the 60s and 70s. After all, why else would anyone go there?
shades.gif

Keep Going!

sicksmiley02.gif
There's a McDs in Tonopah ?!? When did that happen...
ohno-smiley02.gif

Good luck sportrides, have a safe trip!

--G
Don't do it George, you'll be sorry........ Read these compliments!

Uhhhh....... I do believe sportrides was talking about Tonopah, AZ, not Tonopah, NV. There ain't no McDonald's in Tonopah, AZ. There ain't much of anything in Tonopah, AZ

Tonopah, AZ: https://goo.gl/maps/1iUMF

Uhhhh....... I do believe sportrides was talking about Tonopah, AZ, not Tonopah, NV. There ain't no McDonald's in Tonopah, AZ. There ain't much of anything in Tonopah, AZ

Tonopah, AZ: https://goo.gl/maps/1iUMF
My mistake for sure.

I saw Tonopah and food mentioned and started getting queasy thinking about my bad experience in NV. Google shows the two to be 499 miles apart. All's well then, not sure the flies can make it that far.
santasmiley.png

Keep Going!

Just got home. Was a nice ride. 1,100 miles in about 17 hours. Easy leasure pace. I'm going to chill for 3 or 4 weeks with certified rides. Just putt around on the bikes and smell the roses or something.

That puts a nice end to 2012 with 15 certs in the calendar year. Will start again second or third week in Jan.

thanks all for the interest

Doug, SkooterG did not meet me. So, I just gassed and went!

gixxerjasen, I total my street miles on Oct 15th of each year. I chose that date because I bought my very first street bike October 15, 2010.

10/15/2011 - 10/15/2012: 53,643 miles