Starcom owners--question about helmet setup

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jekirby

Reaction score
How have some of you fastened the jacks to the helmet and what's a nifty solution to stow the extra wire if you use ear phones? Actually I guess you don't have to have a Starcom to have a suggestion.

Thanks.

We tuck our jacks into the helmet between the neck roll and the styrofoam, and the extra wire between our boobs, under our 'stich's.

The reason I ask is due to the fact that my Arai's neck roll is glued tight to the shell/styrofoam, so maybe I should have pointed out earlier that I had an Arai. My old Sheoi was probably similar to the gentleman's with the.......er......ahem.......boob problem. :rolleyes:

I am afraid to start pulling and tearing just in case I cannot get the padding glued back on. Just looking for some ideas. Right now I have them dangling, on a short leash, from between where the neck roll meets the cheek pads, so that may have to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kirby, just stuff the wires along the edge and up under the pop-in foam where possible or necessary. You can also use electrical tape up around the edges. Don't go slicing and dicing your helmet up!

Kirby, just stuff the wires along the edge and up under the pop-in foam where possible or necessary. You can also use electrical tape up around the edges. Don't go slicing and dicing your helmet up!
Thanks JB. I must have a unique case. The rubber lip that is being referred to is actually glued all the way to the edge...no kidding. I bought one of those windjammer type of skirts and had to return it-there was nothing to tuck it under. The slicing and dicing would be only separating the neckroll in such a small spot as to pass the plugs in between padding and styro'/shell. I guess I really did find the only solution for my helmet. I was just looking for something 007 kinda cool. B)

Thanks you two or three.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the little square tie wrap bases (that come with the Starcom) to hold the main headset cable parallel to the helmet bottom, the remainder of the wires are tucked behind and under the liner on both my Shoei and Schuberth.

Here's the Shoei:

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

Thanks TWN. I hadn't tought of that. Isn't quite as tidy as I was looking for, but does put the plug in a better place than I have now. You can get those things in a smaller size, so I may find some small enough to attach directly to the rubber trim---kinda like JB's electrical tape. Take care.