summer gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know about shipping to Europe, but when these peeps put on a closeout, you won't beat the price:
www.motorcycegear.com

(formally Newenough.com)

I've bought a lot of stuff from them - excellent customer service.
Interesting.
thumbsup.gif

How hot is hot?
Up to a point it is beneficial to have mesh or well ventilated clothing. Above some point in the low 90 degree range the ventilating air becomes a handicap, and you are better off sealing yourself from the outside air and doing something else to rid your self of excess heat.

Generally, that is the point when I quit riding, but if you live in the tropics or desert, or plan to ride through it, I guess that you learn to adapt to it (with cooling vests, etc.) the way that I have learned to adapt to the cold (with electrically heated gear).
Don't laugh Fred but to me hot is 20+c, I'm a hot blooded male lol so I find it uncomfortable riding unless fast in the summer which is not always feasable as you know.
specool.gif

<snip> assuming we get a summer here.
You have the same weather I do...summer usually arrives in Seattle on July 5th and lasts for about 6 weeks.

Good luck with the gear search. Keep looking, you'll find what's right for you.

--G

Darrien light from AeroStitch is the best I found for all around solutions. Enough vent to keep you cool and when it is stinking hot out, close all the vents unzip the sleeves and puff up like that white dough boy. The air helps insulate you and is much better then mesh in that regard. Add a cooling vest if not humid and you are set. And if it rains well just close the vents if you want and life is good.

Big fan of the AeroStitch Darrien Light and Darrien. I have a set of Ad 1 pants also.

That's exactly what I do with my First Gear Hypertex II pants and Kilimanjaro 3 jacket. I can't afford a "Stich but these have served me well.

That's exactly what I do with my First Gear Hypertex II pants and Kilimanjaro 3 jacket. I can't afford a "Stich but these have served me well.
Same principel using air to insulate. It works better then strait mesh. Does not matter on manufacturer. Hard to make people understand at times. Over a point nothing helps, it is just hot.