Surely some one here scuba dives...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJ4863

Reaction score
My suunto computer took a dive without me.. as in the dive shop said it's a ghost dive and the computer is now toast. Looking to replace it (and my 20 yr old regs). What are you diving with? Likes? Dislikes?

I dive and use a Mares Puck computer in my console. It's real easy to use with one button that controls all menu functions. I do not have a stand alone reg since mine is built into my bc, as is the octopus. Fwiw, my bc is a travel weight one with weight pockets. I really like it because it is very compact and light weight with full features.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran this thread through a translator using common languages and came up empty, I have no idea what was just said :lol: I'm now looking for a Geek to English translator...

Sorry, my "diving" expertise begins and ends at the boat. I have been called an expert with a gaff, I have been called an expert with the boat (both wrong!) but I do NOT get in the water. If I am going to be fish food, the fish will have to get into the boat like at the end of Jaws.

My time working with divers on spear fishing trips left me bruised, beaten, bloody (my own) and amazed. I had never realized that the fish is still alive and mad when it reaches the boat. Someone (me) has to extract the spear from the large and unhappy fish. At least with a spear you always have the right bait.

I do hope you get the information you need.

I guess you heard about the Irishman who when asked why divers always roll off a boat backwards;

replied "if they rolled forward they would just end up in the middle of the boat"!

Pj,

I manage one of the largest Scuba repair centers in the West. I've heard of ghost dives but I've never seen this. Was it being pressure tested? When pressure testing the sensor has to be fully immersed in water. When buying equipment the best are Aqualung, ScubaPro, Atomic. I would stay away from grey market internet sales as the warranty is sketchy at best. Like Motorcycles build a relationship with a shop you like. Unlike Bikes we can't do prices much below 8 - 10% off retail. I've probably serviced over 13,000 regulators, BCD's, etc. and these are the top shelf units. These days you can buy a great regulator for $400.00. The Core, MK21, Z3 are all excellent performers and will have a cracking effort at 1" water and stay easy breathing as deep as you want to go. Have fun shopping and if you have any questions let me know.

~Ken

Every time I see a post from "scubatech" and see his location as Littleton CO, I chuckle. I just cannot imagine much scuba diving happening in Colorado. That seems to be like having a snow ski outfitter in New Orleans Louisiana.

Shows how little I know.

Every time I see a post from "scubatech" and see his location as Littleton CO, I chuckle. I just cannot imagine much scuba diving happening in Colorado. That seems to be like having a snow ski outfitter in New Orleans Louisiana.
Shows how little I know.
Albuquerque is full if scuba shops also. A really good friend of mine owns one of them. There's a couple favorite places close by, and most certs are completed at Blue Hole, which is only 1.5 hours from Albuquerque.

Honestly though, probably just like Colorado, most people that dive take off on group trips that ate sponsored/led by the local dive shops. Going diving in the Rio Grande isn't really an option. Haha...

Between. The scuba shops and all the riding you guys are making me Jones about an extended road trip." Hon... going diving. Yes on the bike. I'll be back soon.."

Redfish,

Like HRZ said there are a lot of people getting trained here and going to popular spots like Cozumel, Lapaz, etc. We train around 1,000 divers a year here! Denver folks and Western folks in general tend to travel a fair amount and run from the cold in Winter. I repair equipment for customers and dive shops all over the west. Some shops are very small and only do repair on one brand so they will send the others here or need parts to do the job at their location. Divers tend to be addicted to the sport like motorcycle guys so they go any time they can.

HRZ, is it Bert from Sandia Scuba?