SW-FOG 2011: Please post up your FJR pictures here!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2842edit.jpg

I came in on 64 from Missouri, and had to take a break in the state park along the road. I got some nice photos like you see in the mags, but these are some of the more "common" stuff you won't see... you'll just have to come to see the grand ones for yourself.

100_4380.jpg

100_4379.jpg

I got to start the trip a day early, but was told the Kachina was booked that night, so on patch's suggestion, I stayed at Red River north of Taos. Had to rough it next to the stream at the Riverside.

100_4403.jpg

Pick your place... nice

100_4407.jpg

or rustic...

100_4387.jpg

The next day I followed the world famous Duke and others to the Vietnam Memorial

100_4409.jpg

It is worth seeing, so I won't post more photos. You'll just have to come see for yourself.

100_4415.jpg

I decided to run up to Chama and look at a few rocks on the way...

100_4424.jpg

100_4423.jpg

100_4421.jpg

100_4430.jpg

More water, so I gotta stop. Three truck loads of firefighters pulled in so I got to talk to them. They were coming home to Taos area from fighting fires in Montana. I always thought they used tanker planes and shovels and rakes to put out fires. They all jumped from the back of the trucks and ran for the woods where they unzipped and began hosing. Wow... are they MEN or what!!?

100_4433.jpg

The road was pretty empty, so I motored part of it at a slow pace sans the helmet. Really nice for a change.

It was about dark when I got back to the Lodge, and I had to check out the old cemetery next door. Far different than the ones around home. You'd have to see it to understand. Some really rough neglected plots right next to a carnival of a grave. It was getting too dark for decent photos, and close to time to have a beer or two with petey.

100_4444.jpg

Guess she was a big wheel somewhere?

100_4456.jpg

Somebody had a sense of humor.... if you have more yesterdays than tomorrows, you better get yourself out to a FOG run.

100_4450.jpg

Very Nice Photos Old Michael, Thank You; and you know Mick, your pictures sure beat out those sorry ass shots Markie makes of just trees and some rocks! WORD!

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Michael and zzzzip took some great photos. With OM we've all come to expect his photos to be of the highest quality. And not everyone has a road named after them, but then that road sign looks more like OM was named after the road instead of the other way around. That Red River sure looked nice. And I didn't realize Under Armor made pantyhose for men.

New Mexico sure is a beautiful state, it'll be hard pressed to find another place as pretty and not cost a small fortune for lodging.

Didn't know there were "stump broke" elk. Sure is a friendly feller. :unsure:

Bustanut must have been there. I'm told he has a way of "taming" all kinds animals, wild or other wise.
Karl!! And to think you always wear a an animal outfit when I see you. :eek:

Strange Very strange..

But.....But.........Andy said that would be safer....................Wait till I see that little Geek again! :dribble:

I feel like I was there viewing these pics. Thanks.....so......much....
Brother Mark, knowing you, I'd think this is the photo which made you really regret that you didn't attend SW-FOG 2011 in Toas, Nuevo Mexico. jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

IMG_2502.jpg

Brother Mark, knowing you, I'd think this is the photo which made you really regret that you didn't attend SW-FOG 2011 in Toas, Nuevo Mexico. jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

IMG_2502.jpg
Don, you ain't seen the half-of-it!

Let me know when the women and children are out of the room.
Go get 'em Tiger; women and children are currently watching TV; and the fecking Canucks on our Forum are too damn drunk to read a computer monitor right aboot now!

Eh, Hoser!

I'm not the pic taker that SM or Zip is, but here goes!

Sean, Phil, SacMike, and Scott at our meetup with SM @ Bishop's Castle:

FJRSWFOG2011003.jpg

Bishop's Castle:

FJRSWFOG2011004.jpg

Our meetup with Alex and? I am so sorry, I forget her name!

FJRSWFOG2011009.jpg

Alex took us on a really cool road in a state park up near Questa, NM; there was this overlook (the pic doesn't do it justice!):

FJRSWFOG2011018.jpg

I took a ride Wednesday and was on a smaller road (dang near a goat trail in places), and came on Navaho Lake State Park:

FJRSWFOG2011030.jpg

Story of my life..........

FJRSWFOG2011031.jpg

The HD folks at our hotel main method of MC touring:

FJRSWFOG2011064.jpg

SacMikes bike prepped for diagnosis:

FJRSWFOG2011070.jpg

Veteran's memorial/tribute in the Taos main square; the plaque lists the names of the locals that were in the Bataan death march:

FJRSWFOG2011080.jpg

Hope you enjoyed it! Wish I had taken more, but I had a great time regardless. Put some good miles on the FJR, met some fun folks, and it was over way too soon. The weather was great during the day, but every night it was coolish (at least for this Florida boy), windy and rainy, so that put the damper on the gatherings out by the firepit.

Ever notice every pic of Petey, he's looking all meek and stuff and you just KNOW, the ass whoopin could commence at any second. Or maybe not, I'm just fearful of that guy. Their was like two of them at CFR 2010. Everywhere I turned, Petey...

.. where are my meds...

Ever notice every pic of Petey, he's looking all meek and stuff and you just KNOW, the ass whoopin could commence at any second. Or maybe not, I'm just fearful of that guy. Their was like two of them at CFR 2010. Everywhere I turned, Petey...

.. where are my meds...
Don't sweat it Steve-O, Chuck Norris is scared shitless of petey also. Steven Seagal and Jason Statham won't even stay in the same building that petey is in, they haul ass out of Dodge.

You will notice that our Chicken Shit BikerGeek99 is way too frightened to even post up here after he saw petey's portrait!

Awesome pic Manitoban! Learn yourself up on a technique called 'Hyperfocal' It's easy to do and would have made me ask for a copy of this pic.

Caption: "Why we ride"
Be very careful with that one, Old Michael. I do believe this "Hyperfocal" is Canuckistani slang for "2-man sandwich"! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!!