Take 95 degrees of ambient air temperature,

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Burleigh

Reaction score
4798225310_fc76dfc222.jpg

And don't forget to add a full measure of ATGATT.... :fie:

I had a thermometer on my bike, but when getting to reno for wfo. Crossing hwy 50, I saw 114 and tore it off and threw it into the desert.

You would be well advised to do the same. Sometimes it's better not to know.

Add 90% humidity and you have my riding conditions for 3-4 months per year. That's why I sold the '05 and moved on to Gen-II.

This summer heat hit so early and so hard, that I've been putting in cager miles to avoid needing a shower when I get to the office.

Yeah, it was a bit warmish in NorCal today. When I got home from work @ 6:00 PM it was 101 on my back patio.

No wonder I couldn't wait to peel my gear off in the garage....it WAS hot.

Went for my 3 hour early morning ride today at 5.00am [ usually do this 4/5 times a week ] Very little traffic, dark, mist/fog around the base of the hills, eerie & 3 degrees C . Bloody fantastic.

I know what you guys are going through with the heat. If you are having a hot summer we'll probably follow suite. I'll continue to enjoy this weather while it lasts. :yeaahh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Add 90% humidity and you have my riding conditions for 3-4 months per year. That's why I sold the '05 and moved on to Gen-II.
This summer heat hit so early and so hard, that I've been putting in cager miles to avoid needing a shower when I get to the office.
+1 to wut he said.

Minus the cage part.

Yeah, it was a bit warmish in NorCal today. When I got home from work @ 6:00 PM it was 101 on my back patio.No wonder I couldn't wait to peel my gear off in the garage....it WAS hot.
Now you know why I love the central coast so much. Everyday is about 65 degrees... unless it's winter and then it's about 55. I love riding around here!

Trekked through the Mojave desert yesterday (on my way home from work) with the temp gauge reading 108 F. This weekend it's supposed to hit 110 F. Ah, the joys of summer riding... :beach:

I agree, still try and avoid the truck though. Mornings are ok here but the 90-100's get toasty on the way home. Add the gear, humidity and then the cooling fan kicks on just to help make you that much more uncomfortable. Of the 25 people that ride to my work, I'm one of the 3 that will still wear all the gear.

I do know what you mean about heat thanks to our recent trip down to NC starting July 5th. It was the first time I'd ridden in 100 degree heat. Kind of like riding in an oven. I don't know how you guys do it.

Tom

Hahahaha. It was 102 at late lunchtime today. That's why I'm on the SV-650 instead of the FJR.