Tech Day Thanks!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan and Marissa, thank you so much for letting all these gear-heads and farkle maniacs come to your beautiful home. I had a lot of fun, and I hope to be there for many more future tech meets. The difference with the new back tire on the way back to PDX was simply amazing, thanks Dave, Bryan, Jay and Steve helping me with that!

BTW, Ralph and I hit a little bit of a traffic jam on the way back because of an accident at the Tacoma Dome exit, and I learned that the AE gets mighty hot real quick if your clutch stays in feathering mode too long...something too watch out for in summer or farther south. Thanks to the jam we didn't hit the bakery in time, so I have another reason to come up to the Lakewood area again real soon.

It was a joy to meet everybody. B)

THANK YOU CJ FOR THE WOOD BLOCK!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a great day for a ride to Auburn and back home. Met some new people, reaquainted with some others, had a great time.

Brian and Marissa, Youse guys are great. Thanx. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Good for you guys for doing this. Wish we'd have a tech day around here sometime.

Brian, Thanks for the opportunity to put faces to the names and make some new friends!
Wouldn't mind if somebody would post those pics again (with captions) so the rest of us could put names to faces. Did see a couple familiar ones, though.

Bummer I couldn't make. Looks like everybody had a great time. Any chance for another function later this summer?

Thanks for letting me hang out with the cool people. A few more photos:

DSC_0827.jpg

DSC_0828.jpg

DSC_0832.jpg

DSC_0839.jpg

DSC_0845.jpg

DSC_0843.jpg

DSC_0847.jpg

DSC_0850.jpg

DSC_0855.jpg

DSC_0858.jpg

DSC_0862.jpg

DSC_0863.jpg

DSC_0864.jpg

DSC_0866.jpg

DSC_0867.jpg

DSC_0869.jpg

DSC_0872.jpg

DSC_0874.jpg

DSC_0876.jpg

Thx's Bryan! And also the pie maker for putting up with us.

I see some of Curly Joe's front tire lift blocks in the picture. Thanks CJ!

And good folks, good help, good weather and great pie. Life is good in the Northwet!

What to say, great day, superb company, Bryan & Marissa what great hosts, you had to be there to savor the total experience. Something for all from just socializing as I did, to folks up to their elbows in projects. I continue to learn by observing. Did encounter some flypaper on my way back home down the valley, clumps of Harleys plodding along, not passing slower sunny day traffic (cause they were a large part of it) I did have Highbridge all to myself which was nice. Thanks to all you folks taking pictures and posting. Looking forward to the riding season coming up and getting some road time in with fellow FJRers. The name tags were outstanding also, given my senior memory function.

Thx's Bryan! And also the pie maker for putting up with us.
I see some of Curly Joe's front tire lift blocks in the picture. Thanks CJ!

And good folks, good help, good weather and great pie. Life is good in the Northwet!
Thanks for reminding me Niehart ....

Many Many Thanks for the lift block CJ , I am the proud owner of the only "autographed " edition.

DB

My first time to this event.

Hope to be able to attend all future events.

Many thanks to hosts Brian and Marrissa and the attendees giving technical assistance.

GREAT DAY!!!

1. Thank you, Curly Joe, for the wood block! That was great! :clapping:

2. Many bits of good karma to Bryan & Marissa. :fans:

3. Pizza. Pie. Brownies. Repeat. :crazy:

4. Thanks Tailwalk for the new roads. Comin' home was major woopass!!!! Yeeehawww! :yahoo:

Is it time to do it over again???? :rockwoot:

Auburn and Mrs. are the best. It was nice seeing everyone. I am a little surprised that no one got a photo of Piehart stuffing his face, or the crazy motocross exploits of Auburn.

For Sac Mike - Hopefully I got the forum names right - L-R in the pictures

Thanks for letting me hang out with the cool people. A few more photos:
DSC_0827.jpg

Left don't know, don't know, escapefjrtist, sportsguy, ahchiu

DSC_0828.jpg

L-R, bikerskier, panman (brown), far right Mt. Rainier

DSC_0832.jpg

ahchiu

DSC_0839.jpg

sportsguy

DSC_0845.jpg

AuburnFJR (changing tire), Harald, Crupplet, niehart, far right (not sure)

DSC_0843.jpg

Mrs. DaBrit (black jacket, Mrs. BeamerReamer, McRider007 (maroon), BeamerReamer, JamesW

DSC_0847.jpg

Mt. Rainier

DSC_0850.jpg

Not sure on any

DSC_0855.jpg

JayH, cruppelt

DSC_0858.jpg

The bike line up in front of the house (i.e.those who were very afaird of the driveway!)

DSC_0862.jpg

JayH, Niehart

DSC_0863.jpg

FJR13K

DSC_0864.jpg

Left,(not sure), Harald, FJR Walker, bikerskeir, juniorFJR (back to us), beamer reamer, panman

DSC_0866.jpg

AuburnFJR & Charlie

DSC_0867.jpg

Bike line up in the driveway

DSC_0869.jpg

Stan (black jacket-can't remember forum name), Harald (sitting on log), fjr walker, bikerskier, Mrs. DaBrit, Beamer Reamer, Panman, on the ground left- Mrs. beamer Reamer, Rayissa (red/black), Alessa, AuburnFJR (WFO shirt)

DSC_0872.jpg

Left (not sure), Niehart - eating pie, Stan, FJR Walker

DSC_0874.jpg

Wingshot working on the center stand

DSC_0876.jpg

Laz007

Sorry for those I didn't get their forum names, I missed talking to a few as I was pretty busy doing tires...Hopefully others can fill in the ones missing