Tech Weekend lX

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tech part of Tech Day is over mostly because Andy's bike was not here. We finished up the valve checks on Tony's bike and did a throttle body sync on VMaxChuck's '13. No adjustment was required. It's not even dark yet and we are into the Forty Creek.

This may not end well.

I really need to get to one of these Tech Days ! Maybe the next one will be in La Pine
smile.png
, only a few hours for me.

I will say they were "mostly" sober when I left......
not_i.gif

Had a great time and really appreciate the hospitality and knowledge. Makes it a little easier for us backyard mechanic types!!
punk.gif

OMG.... exhausted

Made it to toronto..... anyone want any advice about coming to toronto on your bike ..... don't.... LOL

I will state, we were warned..... Watched an accident happen right in front of us on the way in....

Totally didn't plan on not having Cell Service here which shut down my google maps GPS.... gotta get that figured out as Copilot isn't working either :( Anyone can PM me with help for that would be great - not very good with that app...

Bike will be parked until we leave town....

Was good to meet the guys and wow - the Blue 05 with 208,000 on the clock was pretty awesome, can't remember all the names :(
As we were heading out of town and made it to HWY 69, saw a group of riders - 4 FJR's I think and a bunch of cruisers - didn't know if they were headed to tech day.... ?!?!?!!?

Thanks for the invite Bustanut - was good to put a face to the name....

Well tech 9 is in the bag, and those that remain are working on getting the same...

As always good times and great people.. Several new faces in the crowd helped make to old one's acceptable.

Andy,Sooze,and Ray were missed. But shit got broke anyways..

A few of the bikes..
Waynes toy.. He says it won't wheelie.

Tech9009_zps515e6cae.jpg

Tech9007_zpscba5269f.jpg

Tech9008_zps737e54c8.jpg

Chuck got his hands dirty.

Tech9006_zpsfca1c74e.jpg

Beer was in short supply this time.

Tech9003_zpsf563fbda.jpg

What would a tech weekend be without a casualty?

Tech9011_zps2c420033.jpg

I suspect this was sabotage as my skiny ass isn't big enough to collapse some thing this sturdy..

Jingles kept us all in line

Tech9014_zpsb7f8ddcc.jpg

It got pretty drunk out last night.. I hope the hell that video get's lost.

Vodka and 40 creek was flowing. Should'a stuck to beer.
rolleyes.gif

Again,Thanks to everyone who showed up, you guys are the reason these things have gone on for the last 6 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad news Don...

Billy Fitz left with the keys. I called him up as he's only half an hour out, but he said to tell you "go fuq yerself you'll be fine until he comes back in December".

At least the slot under the door is wide enough to pass food and other necessity's

When I found out that Don was locked in the bathroom I threw the keys off the Bluewater Bridge at the border.

Sure am glad the bathroom down there is sound proofed.

Hey, ya left yer hat here. Looks pretty good on the big Koi
smile.png

Has anyone heard from Tony?
After everyone else had left Tony rolled the bike out of the garage and some antifreeze started dripping out from under the bike. We rolled the bike back in the garage and tried to find the leak and lifted the gas tank to make sure that there was not an issue with the o-rings on the coolant pipe. Everything around the motor was dry but we did find that there was antifreeze up around the rad cap. We wiped up everything and ran the bike for a while and did not see anything leaking so we think it was a spillage issue when we topped up the rad after the valve check. There may have been a small puddle of antifreeze caught up in the plastic that leaked when the bike got moved since there was no sign of leakage when we ran the bike to do a throttle body sync after the valve checks were done.

Sneaky Pam almost got me arrested at the border when she hid Almond Joy bars all over my truck. I got pulled over for an inspection by Homeland Security at the Toll Booth on the American side and a bunch of chocolate bars fell out when they opened the rear hatch on my SUV. I then got to play 20 Questions with the officers and it was touch and go there for a while. Finally I was allowed to proceed back to the Great White North and cleared the border in a few seconds on the Canadian side since I had already had my Customs Declaration paperwork all filled out.

Bust did a fine job of standing in for Andy and being "That Guy". I'm still awaiting the promised payment to keep the video out of the public domain.

Not my fault the agreed upon payment was left all over inside yer vehicle..

Having not heard from Tony I suspect he's almost home about now. Hd you have spent five minutes sober, you'd have remembered he had a scheduled one day stop off @ traction.

"Wait for it…."

Home before midnight, and I was worried about the pumpkin story happening.
rolleyes.gif

Met one of "Yellow Wolf's" friends at Traxxion. AND more important than that…. We discussed a group discount (Actually better, a Forum discount!)

I will post up soon.

Thanks to Bill, Barry and Tom for hammering away at my bike and getting her running GOOD !!!

+1, Gunny: Polish Geek!

funny_my_polish_kielbasa_tshirt-X2.jpg

in my pants.....
fixed it for you.

"Wait for it…."Home before midnight, and I was worried about the pumpkin story happening.
rolleyes.gif

...Thanks to Bill, Barry and Tom for hammering away at my bike and getting her running GOOD !!!
Glad to hear from Tony. I was worried we had missed something. Just to correct the record I left the ball peen hammer in the toolbox though I almost grabbed it when we were struggling to get the coolent pipe back in.