Tech Weekend VIII pre planning

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Dougie! Still a few left and some food. However everyone has left so it's going to be kinda quiet.

Take your time as next weekend is a mini tech day as I have a set of forks to rework.

After taking a very indirect route home with a couple of stops to see family and friends, Sooze and I are home safe just ahead of some nasty looking weather.

Thanks again to Bust and MizzBust for hosting us.

It was great seeing the usual suspects and nice to meet some new folks!

For those with Attention Span Disorder and don't want to read the report on the Tech Day I have put together a video that captures some of the weekend in a thread over in the Images & Videos section

Tech Day 8 - The Movie

Tech weekend part Vlll B took place today when Design Flaw stopping in for a fork seal change.

Shit went ok despite the best laid plans of the last guy on the job.

Dog eared and mauled bolt, nut and screw heads messed with shit but It went off without too of a hiccup.

Had to, for the 1st time, use a newly built assistant, as whoever decided the allen bolt capturing the fork cartridge needed half a gallon of threadlock.

yep I put the fork on the wrong side but.... I had yet to torque anything so it was but a minor distraction.

I did happen to, in a momentary lapse of reason, drop one of those tiny feckin screws that hold the plastic adjustment knob on the fork top..

Ha ha! I had several extras that fit just like new in my box ox stuff for my old RC Cars.

Anyway, That's all for the latest drunk fest in the big O.... C ya's in the fall.

Just rolled in home, got 200 miles without anything falling off. That included the dry rotted rubber boot that came off earlier in the day.

Brakes are next. Those can't wait until fall sadly.

Thanks to Bust for helping me out.

Cool! My timing sucks, I just discovered during my last tire change I have one piston sticking in my front brakes. Got all the seals and new pads yesterday, going to tackle it tomorrow. Wish I could wait until the next tech day, but I have a lot of riding planned.

Just rolled in home, got 200 miles without anything falling off. That included the dry rotted rubber boot that came off earlier in the day.

Did Bust explain that our standard warranty terms will still apply whether you made Tech Day or not?

Did Bust explain that our standard warranty terms will still apply whether you made Tech Day or not?
Would that be the standard 5 step plan (5 steps out the door and you're done!).