Test drove the BMW K1600GT Sport-Touring

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I'm not all that original. All BMW kool-aid drinkers are known as propeller-heads. But not because they wear those cute little beanies...

The Urban Dictionary definition says:

Propeller Head ' A BMW enthusiast. Comes from the fact that the BMW logo was inspired by a spinning airplane propeller, which dates back the BMW's beginnings as an aircraft manufacturer.

FWIW, I have owned 3 beemers over the years, an '86 K100RT, a '94 RS1100RS and a '73 R60/5, (in that order, strange as that may seem). Of the three the only one that I really liked was the R11RS. But if I could find a nice copy of a K1200RS (that I could afford) I would add that toy to my garage, even though it would mean that I'd have to let my wife get another cat (long story).

I had the honour of being allowed to follow Don and Seth during the Castlegar meet. I was very impressed with the look and ride of the Beemer + the aftermarket muffler sounded great!

014-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

Al.

I had the honour of being allowed to follow Don and Seth during the Castlegar meet. I was very impressed with the look and ride of the Beemer + the aftermarket muffler sounded great!

014-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

Al.
Many thanks for the great photos Al, even though I will have to Photoshop out "The Great Dane" Dr. Rich!

And "hear" I am impressed as heck with just the stock pipes!

Latest posts