TEXAS CODE TALKERS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clark Kent

Reaction score
OK, you Texas guys, here is your chance. Let's hear all about the great things about TEXAS! :haha:

Keep it clean and above all, true! The stage is all yours. :clap: :clap: :clap:

CK :super1:

Last edited by a moderator:
How about...

Texas, Where the men are men................ and the sheep are nervous! :p

Sorry,

Not from Texas and couldn't help it!

Great things about Texas? How about a new Motorsports Ranch track about an hour from my house and within reach of about 4 million people?

Two coworkers and I rode down to Angleton, Texas today to visit the new Motorsports Ranch facility north of town off 288. We got a truck ride over the course courtesy of one of the principles (thanks for arranging this Al and Leslie!) and it is chock full 'o curves for those who like this kind of thing. They are excited about upcoming motorcycle track day events (see link I have posted below for details) and seem to be well on the way to making this 2.4 mile track a going venture.

We got to see a number of exotic cars and bikes owned by members too, so it was a real treat. The cars in their storage bays started at about $60,000 and went up from their.....sorta out of my league.

While we only rode about 250 miles today (another great thing about December in Texas), it was good to get out of the office for a change. We probably didn't pick the best roads in the area, as a lot of construction is underway between Richmond and Angleton, but I did get to stretch the legs of my '05 from time to time. My companions were on a big bore kitted 1200 Bandit, and a 800VFR, so we were able to swap the lead from time to time and kept the same pace. Down from Angleton we rode to the beach and over to Galveston for lunch. Then on to British U.S.A. / Gulf Coast BMW in South Houston to look at some of their new hardware.

The salesman made several valiant attempts to get me to ride a Rocket III.

"Deep Blue" seems to want to run 80 all the time, but this was the first time I really had experimented with rpms above 5000 under a wide range of conditions and speeds. This bike has managable power at almost any rpm and never seems out of breath like my old BMW used to feel from time to time. Quite a piece of equipment; I appreciate it more each time I take it out.

No need to lie, all of the above is fact...... :D

See link to track:

https://www.msrhouston.com/home

I will say that Texas does have some of the finest looking women I've ever had the pleasure to ogle. :chicka: :dribble: And this is coming from a jaded Southern Californian!

Oh, yeah. Killer barbecue, too!

One of the best things about Texas is the fact that if you start in the Hill Country, whether you head east, west, north, or south, be it by car, motorcycle, bicycle, or pogo stick, day or night, rain or shine, no matter where you go, there you are. And that's a fact. :D

Just plain Dave, Hill country even in the top of the panhandle? The panhandle is flatter than my first date at age 8! :angel: (just walked her home from school).

Is the panhandle hill country a little short on fact? :haha:

Is the panhandle hill country a little short on fact? :haha:
The panhandle is a world away from the Hill Country. When you go north of Austin, you are entering "Yankee" country. Right now it's 45 in Dallas, 38 in Amarillo, and 64 in my yard. Perfect ridin' weather.

Be back later. Bye

You aren't going to bring that "Yankee" Stuff up again are you? :dntknw:

You know you guys lost that one. :cry:

And really, ( Yankees :innocent: )are nice too! :drinks:

Get over the war. You can keep the flag (I love it) but don't keep thinking you won. It wasn't a setback, it was a loss.

North wins, 1 to 0! End of game. Now let choose up sides again and go after the real bad guys. :D

REMEMBER: Nothing personal.

You know you guys lost that one. :cry:
North wins, 1 to 0!  End of game.  Now let choose up sides again and go after the real bad guys. :D

REMEMBER:  Nothing personal.

Let's see if I got this right. You can ride your FJR 6 months out of the year, I can ride mine anytime I want and I'm the loser? Sounds like Yankee logic to me. :p

JPD, No, No, No, You have us all wrong. We do not think of you Texans as loosers. We think of you as fellow countrymen.

Remember this is 2005. There are no more slaves and no more loosers. We in the North got over that years ago.

We open are arms to all people. People from the South, North, East and West.

Hell, sometime we even ride with HD riders! Now is that fair and balanced or what?

I was in Alaska when it was voted a state by the US Senate. I remember all the Texas jokes: By the airforce guys stationed in Alaska.

The Alaskan would say "now Alaska is the biggest state in the union. The Texan would answer: no, you don't count the ice in your drink!

The Texan would laugh and the Alaskan would say, Keep it up and we will cut Alaska in half and make Texas the third largest state in the Union. :haha:

Just passing a little history alone.

Come on, let's be friends :friends: You don't want to make us mad again :stop:

You guys don't want to be know as "two times loosers" :agree: :haha:

I don't know much about Texas. Last May, on our way to Guatemala City to visit our future son (he was 3 1/2 months old then) we landed in Houston to change planes. All I saw was flat land and dust. It was hot where we were outside. My wife, who has been to Texas a number of times, in answer to my question, said "Yep, most of Texas looks like this." To which I replied. "Ok. Can we go now?"

The little boy turned 10 months on 1 Dec and is sleeping nicely upstairs--seeing something today he would never have seen in Guatemala--snow. He's named for my late dad.

There you have it! An honest statement about Texas for a disinterested person who had never been there before and is not likely to ever go back (now that he has his new son!)

I've heard of people going through Hell to get their childern, so going through Texas shouldn't have been too bad!

Anyway, Vanktar has no ax to grind. He is (as I can tell) a truthful, thoughful, honest guy (with kids). He gave us a real true picture of what Texas really is to some travlers. He did not dislike Texas, but his mind was on getting his new son.

Hope that boy grow up to be just like his dad! (Take him to Texas on his 16th) birthday, to pickup his new FJR!

Cheers.

Remember, nothing personal :innocent:

This is a fun thread!

I was thinking:

Isn't Renee Zelwigger from Texas? (however you spell her name...) She's simply the most versatile American actress to come along since Meryl Streep. Emma Thompson is her English counterpart. I can't think of an actress to hold a candle to either of them.

I'm too busy to attempt a comeback right now. I am already late for the weekly 42 game.

Have a wonderful day. :rolleyes:

If Renne Zelwigger is from Texas, I'm all for Texas!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :p :p :p

Renne Zelwigger would make any place on earth look beautiful! (and she just makes Texas that much prettier!) :wub:

Vanktar, Did Just Pain Dave just duck the comeback? I bet he is a politician.

Probably the Gov. of Texas using a different name for this site.

I told everone you meet the nicest people on a FJR.

Gosh, the Gov. of Texas!

From now on I'll be refering to Just Plain Dave :haha: (ya right) as Gov.

It's the only fair thing to do!

He could be Renne's new boyfriend too and doesn't want the notoriaty! :wub: :airkiss:

Hey, Superman--need some REAL lenses in those Clark Kent glasses--It's YankTar, not VankTar--as in "Yankee Tarheel".

Never thought Renee was especially pretty--just think she's awesomely talented (except at picking husbands). Same for Emma Thompson.

But I'd rather see someone who can act--more believable that way.