That was.... strange

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash Cash

Reaction score
So I'm going up Econ heading home. I stop at the light at Curry Ford, which is one of those "two lanes narrow to one after the intersection" and I'm in the "keeps going" lane. (I hope that makes sense)

And it's raining, lightly. So this old red Ford van pulls up next to me, and when the light changes, she NAILS it. She spends a couple seconds spinning her tires and squirming back and forth, then she gets traction and rams up my ass, just as I got to where it merges. I was totally not expecting this, so I sped up to kind of get out of her way, since she was in a big hurry. I'm going 55 or 60 in a 35 or 40 in the rain, and she's *right* *on* *my* *ass*.

Then she passes me on the double-yellow at the school, where there's the turn lane into the school. I was like *wow* and I slowed down so she could make the pass and get her the hell away from me.

Finally she gets to the sort-of hard-left sweeper, goes off the road, and rolls over onto the side of the van.

Very strange. I wonder what was up with that. If her house was on fire, she sure didn't make it.

Did you call the police and report the wreck? You're required to make a statement in WA if you witness a wreck.

Did you call the police and report the wreck? You're required to make a statement in WA if you witness a wreck.
It's nowt that bad, that'll buff right out!

No, last time I did that, I was accused of street racing, drowning baby kittens, and all kinds of stupid insulting crap. Let the cops do their own work.

Edit: 4 weeks ago, there was a guy in a BMW that pulled up next to me, and started talking shit, with a pistol in his lap. I got his tag and everything, and the cops were like "we'll get back to you, don't call us, we'll call you" so my opinion of cops is at an all-time low.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a story...pictures would be awesome.
I think my eyeballs must have been the size of saucers when she passed me. The last time someone did that, it was in a blind corner and they ran a pickup truck off the road that was coming the other way.

I guess she could have gotten a call that her lil daughter was in some kind of peril...only thing I can think of putting myself in their shoes, but if ya don't get there, ya no help to your family, right ???

Unfortunate for them and glad no consequences to you of their actions

best to ya,

Mike in Nawlins'

Let the cops do their own work.
Ya, no shit, just what the world needs, more narks.
Sounds like she earned her self-inflicted justice. That's usually the way it is.

I doubt she was in a hurry to get anywhere, the spinning wheels kinda lead me to believe she was just fruckin' around. You mention school, was it a school zone? If so, that ain't cool.

Finally, you forgot to mention if she was hot? If so, much easier to overlook her other faults me thinks.

Shouldn't you have stopped to render aid? (note to self, don't wreck near crash cash...)

910vancrash317.jpg

I can understand his hesitation to render aid. It'd be nice to stop and render aid, but if she percieved YOU as the reason she wrecked, and you were around to witness it, it could turn into a "he said/she said" and who's to say that she'd be lying if she told the cops you were "tailgating her and she feared for herself as you were driving wildly behind her flipping her off trying to pass"

Not that I've had to deal with wreckless drivers who lie out of their teeth to the cops.................

Alexi

Very strange. I wonder what was up with that. If her house was on fire, she sure didn't make it.
was it close to end of retail business hours? I'll bet there was a clearance sale at a shoe store further-up the road. Woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do.

Sorry Barb ;)

Shouldn't you have stopped to render aid? (note to self, don't wreck near crash cash...)
910vancrash317.jpg

I'm with the OP on this one...after breathing for 50 yrs on this planet and seeing the decline of civilization, I won't put myself at any risk for stupid people. I'll jump in the fire for anyone in a bind, but wont piss on 'em if they've proved to me that they are unstable or stupid.

I guess she could have gotten a call that her lil daughter was in some kind of peril
i tend not to work so hard making excuses for the terminally stupid. i simply pray they buy it before they can breed and don't take out someone worthwile in the process.

Last edited by a moderator: