The 2006 Wfo-5 Event

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax, Pegscraper. Go for a ride and breath deep.
We are working on a number of issues with the Reno Hilton right now, rooms are only one of them. When we have news to share, we will.
No joke, man, it'll all work out. Have faith in the admins. :friends:

Here's a tip on what not to do [if you're a cheap room "waiter"]: I tried an end-around and called Hilton's nationwide AAA line, asked for Thurs. only and was quoted $152, a whole $7 discount off current list price.

There's still several other plan B's.

I got my room for $79.00. I reserved my room when the the group rate first opened up.

If I didn't have a room at this point I would book at another hotel right away. The WFO is the week before Hot August Nights. So most rooms will be booked at a premium. Keep a watch here there will be a lot of people canceling at the last minute and you might take over there reservation. Also you might look into sharing a room. If you find something you can then cancel your other reservation.

OK anyone gonna cancel and has a room please give me a jingle. Or if anyone wants to share a room let me know. thanks Mike in Fremont

Just book a room at the Hilton. 4/7. $79 rate is back

Last edited by a moderator:
B) Hey Hey Hey alright . Made my reservations today, Wednesday thru Sat night. Got the $79 rate.

Who says procrastinators cant get it right sometimes. Going to Leave Sunday or Monday and see a little of California first before meeting my wife on Wednesday in Reno for a ride. See ya there.

Thanks, Dan in Yucaipa.

Booked! Hilton $79.00! Get 'em while they're hot kids!

Edit- Thank you admins! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Stampede, look at em go!!! Yes folks, as toecutter has said, the Reno Hilton is once again $79 each night while it lasts. I just called the RenoHilton and they informed me that this price change has been made automatic to all those who had already rergistered at the higher price. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Way to go, folks! I'm gonna call just to double check the new rate is confirmed on my res code. Thanks all!

No, no NFO, still merely WFO.  Too bad, IMO. :D
I guess this is where my confusion began (this time):

From the original WFO-5 announcement

"The WFO-5 Committee has started planning this event with the goal of morphing this into the inaugural FJR1300 National Meet."

We'll get there. Patience, Grasshoppa.

Don't think so, Bob.  They're planning CFO so that'll knock a whole bunch outta the picture.  If it was to be NFO, it woulda been best to have billed it as such from the git-go, IMHO.  Marketing 101:  If you build it, they will come. ;)  
'SOK, though, more beer and strippers for us! :lmao:  :good:

We learned late last week that Yamaha USA WILL BE attending WFO-5 in Reno, Nevada!
In fact, we will have several well known corporate representatives attending.

AND... we will have four (4) brand new 2006 FJR1300 there that registered attendees can take out for demo rides! Two are regular ABS models, and two will be the new electric-shift model.

So....WFO-5 has indeed morphed into the very first FJR National Meet , complete with Yamaha USA corporate sponsorship!

B)   B)   B)   B)   B)   B)   B)   B)   B)   B)
:bleh:

Yes, boredom has consumed me.

I was only able to get a very few extra rooms. Very few. They only became available Thursday. When they are gone, they are gone, and you're on your own after that.

So move fast before they are gone.

Thanks, we were able to change our super expensive rooms into the $79 rate. Now we can afford more fun!

Anybody out there without a room, or willing to double up? I have a room at the Hilton at discount price.($79/per) :)

Anybody out there without a room, or willing to double up? I have a room at the Hilton at discount price.($79/per) :)
I think there's a "room sharing" thread. You might post there in case someone with that need doesn't catch this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.