The 2006 Wfo-5 Event

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That likely won't be announced (let alone considered) until this one happens.

I would say not only is it national but one could say international if you count canadians :)

per Warchild:

I was only able to get a very few extra rooms. Very few. They only became available Thursday. When they are gone, they are gone, and you're on your own after that. So move fast before they are gone.
I was able to book a room at the discount rate yesterday. The nice lady doing the reservation seemed almost shocked at the $79 rate! She put me on hold to check it and came back smiling. Reno does indeed get crazed on the week or two leading to Hot August Nights... Nicely done, Warchild, in getting the extra rooms.

So book now, or forever hold your gripes! The cancellation policy gives you until July 25 if you change your mind, without any penalty, so factor that in your decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've looked back through some of the pages but can't find the phone # to call to reserve a room. I haven't kept up with all the WFO info and would like to reserve a room before reading for 2 days to get up to speed. Could someone help me out?

Can I reserve the room, then sign up on the WFO site? Do I need reference numbers, special codes/handshakes to get the deal? :)

Can I reserve the room, then sign up on the WFO site? Do I need reference numbers, special codes/handshakes to get the deal? :)
You need to register for the event and pay your rally fee first, then you'll receive your room discount code.

Everyone should be aware that we do periodically check the rally signup list against those who made room reservations from the block of rooms they set aside for us, and those that are not on the official rally roster will have to pay the full room rate (~ $159/night at height of tourist season!)

So definitely pay your whopping $10 rally fee! Only paid WFO-5 entrants can purchase banquet tickets, rallyshirts, etc, etc.

Everyone should be aware that we do periodically check the rally signup list against those who made room reservations from the block of rooms they set aside for us, and those that are not on the official rally roster will have to pay the full room rate (~ $159/night at height of tourist season!)
So definitely pay your whopping $10 rally fee! Only paid WFO-5 entrants can purchase banquet tickets, rallyshirts, etc, etc.
Regarding the name on the WFO roster VS the name on the Reno Hilton hotel res...please note that I'm signed up for WFO as Scott Wright, and my hotel reservation is for Thomas Wright (Scott is my middle and prefered name, Thomas is on the credit card). Don't wanna be payin' the big bucks.

See ya in Reno!

Thomas "Scott" Wright, aka GunMD

Thanks for the explination Warchild. I went ahead and registerd/paid.

Anyone know if there are any rooms available at the Hilton at the discounted rate? I know I'm asking these questions late in the game.

I registered, paid, then paid for t-shirts yesterday afternoon. I really need to get the Reno Hilton room group discount code. In the auto reply email from registering, it said that I would not be emailed that till the registration was paid for. It has been. What is the normal wait to hear a reply with the code? I'm afraid if I wait too much longer the Hilton will fill up at the group rate.

BTW, is the telephone and location correct for the Hilton:

2500 East 2nd Street

Tel: +1-775-789-2000

THANKS! ;)

Warchild:

You need to register for the event and pay your rally fee first, then you'll receive your room discount code.

Please clarify the rules here: I paid the $10 registration fee but it was never spelled out if our pillions are to pay a $10 registration fee. So I also paid for my pillion, MsNASCAR, for a total of $20. Was this a requirement? If not, I'm due $10. :(

Please clarify the rules here: I paid the $10 registration fee but it was never spelled out if our pillions are to pay a $10 registration fee. So I also paid for my pillion, MsNASCAR, for a total of $20. Was this a requirement? If not, I'm due $10. :(
It clearly spelled it out on the website here

the $10 rally fee is mandatory for each person that attends WFO-5

I emailed the event coordinators because I paid but was not listed on the map...
The map has been updated and does include you now. I've been doing the data conversions for Warchild and they've been more tedious than the member map on this forum and extra sensitive to IE. We're not updating this map regularly, but thought everybody would like to know it's a lot more updated than it was....and appears to work in Internet Explorer.....for now ;)

Clicky Here

I thought we automatically got one with each event registration... I mean, c'mon ten bucks is a huge amount of coin! :)

Is there a deadline on rally shirt orders? I'd like to combine it with the banquet tickets once the details are finalized.
No deadline for shirts on the website specified yet. That's Warchild's department and he's working it. I'm working banquet and I haven't yet worked it because of some other stuff going on. As said before, details will come. Get signed up and get your room is still the deal.

Ignacio, Warchild, and all others. Thank you for organizing this event. It truly is going to be the highlight of this year.

So, when we show up on the 27th will the indoor parking area be open, and we just kinda roll on in, or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.