The 2014 FJR1300 - Woo-hoo!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I came across this in the October issue of Bike magazine. Since I haven't seen any other reviews of the electronic suspension, I figured it might be pertinent.
Is the ES also an "auto clutch", or is that just in the EU?

In Canada the black model with the adjustable suspension is known (on the Canadian website) as the FJR1300E. I just checked again and the Canadian E model has electronically adjustable suspension and a good old fashioned clutch and the venerable 5 speed tranny.

So no clutch-less paddle shifting, in Canada anyway.

The "normal" magnetic bronze model is just FJR1300.

FJRian

For model year '13 ES was only available in Europe and only on the AE (state side nomenclature). For the '14 model year it is an option here in the states WITHOUT having to be an AE.

I came across this in the October issue of Bike magazine. Since I haven't seen any other reviews of the electronic suspension, I figured it might be pertinent.
There is not an Auto Clutch available for 13-14 in the US.

For 14 the ES is the same as the A with added Electronic Suspension. (US)

There is not an Auto Clutch available for 13-14 in the US.
For 14 the ES is the same as the A with added Electronic Suspension. (US)
Bike magazine is in the UK and the bike they were testing is an AS, not an AE (the EU equivelant of the ES in the US). The article was published at the beginning of Sept, before Yamaha announced the 2014 model year. They didn't even know about an in-between option yet. Still this is the only ride report I've seen involving the electric suspension, regardless of the clutch handle.

Last edited by a moderator:
All this talk about the red n black (lucky Canadiens) bikes is starting to make Old Yellar a bit nervous. She tells me if I just wrap wires around her forks and run them to the battery, she too would have electrical suspension. I don't think she quite understands. Secretly I'm kinda hoping she blows a gasket. I'm really beginning to like this new bike.
I'm not in a real hurry to buy, but could be convinced late next year if someone bought a US bike and wanted to trade that nice red plastic for some nice black plastic.......................

I'm not in a real hurry to buy, but could be convinced late next year if someone bought a US bike and wanted to trade that nice red plastic for some nice black plastic.......................
Now that there is a tempting proposition! I better stay FAR away from this thread...

--G

I LIKEY BOTH!

Can I be greedy? ...kidding... my g/f would dis-own me in a heartbeat!

And that SWEET looking deep/rich red look awfully familiar (at least to me)...

2011-BMW-K1600-red.jpg
Please don't fuck up this FJR thread with pictures of Bring More Wallet because they Build Machines Weird.
You're wrecking the good vibe of this thread...

Correcto....If you want a bike that costs as much a a cage and requires premium gas and has short maintenance intervals BMW is your bike. BMW stealers (dealers) earned their name!!

Go to your BMWMOA site for that...

biggrin.png

+1 If you need a bike that costs as much as a cage, requires premium gas, short maintenance intervals, and owners refer to their dealers as stealers, that's your ride!!

After going thru these threads and visiting the Ymmma web site, I am going to haul my ass over to the dealer and order a new ES. Seems like this is everything we have been waiting for. Well,a 6sp would be nice!!!!

After going thru these threads and visiting the Ymmma web site, I am going to haul my ass over to the dealer and order a new ES. Seems like this is everything we have been waiting for. Well,a 6sp would be nice!!!!
Got one on order? Will be interesting to see how many buyers go with the 'ES' or 'A' model. Myself, going with the ES.

+1 If you need a bike that costs as much as a cage, requires premium gas, short maintenance intervals, and owners refer to their dealers as stealers, that's your ride!!
Funny stuff. If you think like this WAM shit, proudly called the Walmart American Mentality... I guess Mercedes, Ferrari, Lamborghini etc might as well close their doors. Heck, why buy a car that costs maybe 10 times (or more) than what a Kia does and requires much more expensive maintenance? I'm not in this category of buying, but for the one's who are.. good for them, you got the money, spend it. Different strokes for different folks.

Open your mind up, everybody is not you! Yes, we are on a Yamaha site, all of this is expected especially from the closed mind(ers).

And! "IF" anyone commenting actually had half a brain and read (red) the post and what was commented?... it was ABOUT THE FUCKING COLORS LOOKING THE SAME!

'nuff said, go ride :)

Was at WSBK at Laguna this past weekend. Yamaha had one of the 2014 FJR's in the tent. It was an ES model and VIN # 00000001. Supposedly the first one in the states. Was so fresh that they hadn't even hooked the battery up yet. Asked the guys about the cruise control controversy and they smiled and said that changes were made. When I asked for specifics they both recited what sounded like the company line 'that you can set it to the legal speed limit'. Take it for what it's worth. The bike will be at the San Mateo IMS show in a few weeks also.

Having just bought a '13 a couple of weeks before the '14 was announced I'm still happy with my purchase. Although the red is nice, it's not the burgundy of my old ST1100 that I liked so much. And the '13 is a nice change from the the '04 zFJR that I put nearly 100k miles on.

Gary

Yup, it was ES #00000001.

This was a friend of mine that texted me a picture of it to let me know he sat on one before I got mine.
uhoh.gif

I have an ES on order, I wonder what # I'll get. My 03' was #115.

Yup, it was ES #00000001....a friend of mine that texted me a picture of it to let me know he sat on one before I got mine...I have an ES on order, I wonder what # I'll get...
Probably #00000001 once they finish dragging it around the country letting everyone sit on it and dry shift it.
wink.png

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, it was ES #00000001....a friend of mine that texted me a picture of it to let me know he sat on one before I got mine...I have an ES on order, I wonder what # I'll get...
Probably #00000001 once they finish dragging it around the country letting everyone sit on it and dry shift it.
wink.png

I knew someone was going to say that.
smile.png
I hope not... LOL

wink.png

No problem..just pour some Rotella in it, and all problems in the world and in the bike will be solved.
smile.png

wink.png

Uh... I'd STILL take her!

-R

I sure hope they have it running by the AIMExpo in Orlando in a couple weeks. I wanna take that sucker for a test ride!

Latest posts