The 2014 FJR1300 - Woo-hoo!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already posted the following as a separate post but I guess it should be tied in to this one because it applies to the 2014 model.... my steering stem nut washer is missing (unless the 2014 doesn't have one). Anyone else missing theirs ? Apparently, the 2014 repair manual shows a washer in place.....

So, nobody has had the steering stem nut off on their 2014's ? Is there a washer or not ? Is there is a difference between the ES and non-ES steering stem nut setup (different triple clamp) ?

Mine was taken off at the MI Tech Day last April, but I do not remember if there was a washer. I do not remember seeing one, just a do-hicky with upright tabs that fit in the slots on the sides of the nut...if I remember correctly...

Parts list shows 90201-28017-00 washer plate as being under the big steering stem nut. I did have mine off to install risers, but honestly did not remember it being there or not,

However, if I look closely at it from the side, I think that I can see that washer there, under the nut. It is not as large an OD as the big 36mm nut

Last edited by a moderator:
Talked to the dealer.... they will order the washer. Seems it was left out. A heads up to 2013-2014 owners.... check to see if your washer was forgotten. Thanks for the responses guys.