The 2014 FJR1300 - Woo-hoo!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with you, Iris. I think the black looks better too.
I bet you could just order a pair of them from an earlier year and glue them on there to cover the holes. Before you order them just measure the black ones on your '05 and make sure they are the same size and shape. They sure look like they are.

If you do replace them you can always set the original ones aside in case you decide to sell the bike later. Then again, if you kids keep your new red ones as long as you've had the blues, resale value is of minimal importance!
wink.png
If you feel like dropping @ 90 clams for a pair...

I'm painting my blue balls-er bags silver to match the sidecovers and was thinking of putting on a pair of the newfangled chromies 'cept they ain't on the fiche yet...

Cover those chromies with carbon fiber?
That is exactly what I was thinking and I just received my carbon fiber look sheets today. I plan to cover the silver side piece between the tank and the red tail pieces as well as the silver trim piece below and around the tank and above the seat.

I think that may be the wife that is being fed into the chipper. I believe that the Valium is for the wife also, as a precursor to the chipping. After the wife is out of the way then you can get the red FJR and be happy. That is the only way I can see the equation making any sense.
Fred, as always.....you nailed it!

Well, I went to the Long Beach MC show Sunday to see the new, red 2014 FJR, and I know I'm in the minority, but I didn't like the red. It seemed to me to detract from the presence of the bike, made it seem smaller, somehow diminished.

Well, I went to the Long Beach MC show Sunday to see the new, red 2014 FJR, and I know I'm in the minority, but I didn't like the red. It seemed to me to detract from the presence of the bike, made it seem smaller, somehow diminished.
I'm with you because I don't like that red, if it were a very dark cherry red or a dark maroon then I might be pretty excited about it although I learned a long time ago that color isn't really that important because you can't see much of it when you are riding, in fact even a butt ugly motorcycle like a V-Strom can be pretty good looking if you enjoy riding it. However, that new red color has turned out to be money in the bank because the dealers are offering great deals on the '13s.

My walkaround of the FJR at the NYC IMS:

The color's not as pink as this light shows. And sorry about the wonky focus.
wink.png

Found a 2014 FJR1300A for $14,056 out-the-door, including 4-year YES - only thing not listed is Ohio tax/title.

I'm hoping to finalize things this week. I almost feel like I'm missing something here considering the price. They say they will have the bike "soon", it's not a demo, no miles bike, all other fees included. Are there other questions I should be asking?

TIA!

P.S. Anyone looking for a solid 2003 for a great price?

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a 2014 FJR1300A for $14,056 out-the-door, including 4-year YES - only thing not listed is Ohio tax/title.
I'm hoping to finalize things this week. I almost feel like I'm missing something here considering the price. They say they will have the bike "soon", it's not a demo, no miles bike, all other fees included. Are there other questions I should be asking?

TIA!

P.S. Anyone looking for a solid 2003 for a great price?
Good price. I think my dealer where I bought my '14ES has a '14A sitting on their floor at about the same price. They also have a '13A for $13k.

I wish they offered the FJR13AES. I miss my AE and it was great for the twisties.

Is it an "A" model, or the more expensive "ES" model? The ES stands for "electronic suspension", I believe. About $1000 more than the "A" model, which is the same as the '13 model.

Just traded in my 2009 for a 2014ES... Nothing wrong with my 2009. I do love the extras that the 2014 offers (cruise, the ES, the throttle by wire, newer fairings etc). My financial advisor (a.k.a. the wife) doesn't buy the cost to benefit argument.... but you gotta love the redesign. Just wondering how to reset the maintenance menu for the oil change.

It's part of the Settings Menu called "Maintenance". The Settings Menu is where you set what the 3 heat levels are for the grips, display brightness, set the clock, etc. To get into the menu you just hold the "Menu" button in for 2 seconds or more (trigger switch where flash to pass is on most other bikes).

It's covered in the owners manual.

I am away from home.... thus no manual. But I did find the answer on the FJROwners site... I needed to use the reset button located next to the RPM gauge. But thanks for the input.