The Great White North Liberation Army Invades Tech Day VI

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bust,Make sure you swear at thank them in both English and French in keeping with their language laws....
Fixed it for you Wheaton.
smile.png

BTW, Bill - this is Tech Day VI (as in, 6), not Tech Day IV (as in, 4).
Ya gotta quit living in the past.
You silly dyslexic bastard. Don't you know IV in French is six.
graduated.gif

I went and fixed it for you non-Francophone types.
Bill,

If yer gonna swear at Andy...yer gonna have to swear in French also...language laws and all. ;)

Bill,

If yer gonna swear at Andy...yer gonna have to swear in French also...language laws and all.
wink.png
Tabernac Sacrebleu!!! Keep it up and I'll whack you with a hockey stick. All us True Great White Northerners know that Quebec is not actually part of Canada.

I dunno Wheatie.. I think either of those two would be better than Justin Bieber. At least they'd be entertaining

The Canadian Reserves in the form of Huron52 (Tom) & Pam showed up later today to relieve the initial shock troops....

day2-72-L.jpg

The Yanks attempted a counterattack by sending in BikerGeek (Andy). We beat him off with a stick.....

day%202-83-L.jpg

and a baseball bat....

day%202-84-L.jpg

Just in case you are starting to think this has absolutely nothing to do with FJR's, there was actually some work getting done.

Ray & I worked on installing a RaceTech Gold Valve kit in Ray's forks. Ray is shown here modifying the rod to take the new needle valve assembly for the new rebound valve.....

day%202-79-L.jpg

Here is what a set of Gen II fork bushings look like after 84,000 kms......

day%202-71-L.jpg

Trust me when I say that is bad.

-to be continued-

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF, Them Kanadians show up in our country and the temperature drops 30 degrees??
You think it's your country...watch out or they'll sick William Shatner or Michael J Fox on your @ss.
How about Neil Young?
Uhh Jim?? Were talking about stuff normal people "get"

fuck.gif
Damn Bust now I am busted and thanks for reminding me my sense of humor is far far south of due daft.
smile.png

I just cracked open a bottle of Jameson Bust and I'm have a couple for you.
boredom.gif

Protect yourself ay all times my friend.
grin.gif

Those are some worn out bushings...no issues with the forks other than wear?

day%202-71-L.jpg

--G

Those are some worn out bushings...no issues with the forks other than wear?
Ray said he didn't notice any handling issues but there is no doubt in my mind he will notice a huge improvement in handling when we put it all back together. We are going to change the rear tire tomorrow. Given the weather Ray wants to swap out the car tire on the back for a snow tire.

OK, I'll bite......what is wrong with those bushings? The upper bushings appear to have Teflon on the inside and the lower bushing appears to have Teflon on the outside, just like they are when they are new.

Ray & I took a break from pillaging Owosso and went to It's A Deli Thing for lunch yesterday. If you could eat two Big Bob sandwiches you get your photo on the Wall of Fame. We managed 1/2 and took the rest back to our headquarters for later....

day%202-990-L.jpg

Later that day at supper Pam was getting back into the tequila. Nothing good was going to come from this....

day%202-993-L.jpg

Only the Canadians (Pam & I) recieved the superior blue rimmed glasses.....

day%202-992-L.jpg

The POW's we had in tow all had the inferior green rimmed glasses....

day%202-995-L.jpg

I also captured this rather Grande Burrito.....

day2-996-L.jpg

We are about to go live on UStream to list our demands....

FJR Channel

I appear to have come home from the tech day with more than I took up there....any of you guys missing a bag of keys/hardware that resembles these pictures? I don't think they're mine, but I found them in my box when I started putting things away today.

IMG_3247.jpg

IMG_3248.jpg