The Jestal Chronicles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK.
Thanks for the support to those of you that contacted me and made comment.

I said my piece and now that that is off my chest and I have made a severe correction to the drip for my meds.............ah.

Sorry for the disturbance.

Now,

I will not argue. I will not argue. I will not argue. I will not argue. I will not argue. I will not argue. I will not argue.

I will not argue. I will not argue. I will not argue. I will not argue. I will not argue. I will not argue. I will not argue.

I will not argue. I will not argue. I will not argue. I will not argue. I will not argue. I will not argue. I will not argue...............
Oh please do.. I'm tired of the peacepipe smoking, Kumbaya, good karma crap around here ... I need some adrenaline to keep the endorphins flying around >>> :D

I mean...........I will not argue with the admins. The rest of you are fair game.

Last edited by a moderator:
ooooooooooooook

Now that..............that's settled, I'm ready for a few Dewers and water.

I'm gonna have to break down and get me a lap top so's I can log on from home and let my guard down.........there's only so much I can get away with while posting from my work pooter.

Welcome back Jestal

oh, and remember, do not argue w/the all mighty Oz........I mean admin :russian_roulette:

That was a quick break.

Be like me - 80% of the time I write my whitty response then delete it. They don't want to...

FJRs and guns...

Never fucking mind.

Whose line is this, anyhow?
whatsmyline.jpg

And as good a place as any to suggest an idea I had for WFO:
WFO pride fighting. Anybody who can't settle their differences like grownups would be welcome to "get in the ring". There might be a local karate place or boxing club that could offer us some ring time.
side note aka minor hijack:

odd that you mention that, since dana white, president of the UFC (an ADMIN, if you will) is fighting hot headed tito ortiz, on spikeTV tonight. check your local listings. all rights reserved.

ooooooooooooook
Now that..............that's settled, I'm ready for a few Dewers and water.

I'm gonna have to break down and get me a lap top so's I can log on from home and let my guard down.........there's only so much I can get away with while posting from my work pooter.

Welcome back Jestal

oh, and remember, do not argue w/the all mighty Oz........I mean admin :russian_roulette:

Water!? Good Lord man...! The next thing one knows you'll be adding Coca Cola. Apparently all the rage in Deutchland these days. Ick.

Oh, and yippee about the unbunched panties and such sort...

John.

Yes, I quoted the whole damn thing. I was a moderator for a listserv with 3k subscribers, and these things usually always are a mutual misunderstanding of intentions. Iggy is charged with keeping the peace and enforcing the rules & that's a long row to hoe & a delicate business. Jestal's technical knowledge is vast, enlightening, & entertaining (I know it's stupid to talk about the quality of prose, but his is full of nuances & challenges the reader: it's kind of him to offer these thoughts in an otherwise ephemeral media). Neither of these is inherently in conflict with the other. Jestal: post as many damn words as you like: ain't no rule in the guidelines that stipulates a word count. Iggy, keep on keepin' on doing what you're doing: this Forum is incredibly valuable and should not be allowed to sink into a writhing, thrashing, political flamefest, no matter whose toes you step on. Stepped on toes--no offense toecutter--heal. Each of you: consider the intentions of the other & hash it out in Rogerian fashion: find a single spot of common ground & keep retreating to it until the rest is a DMZ.

If you want some help with the last, I'm charging each of you a quarter ($.25 for those with evil minds thinking bags) for the following: Jestal's Prius post was motivated by a desire to spread accurate information (from his perspective) about carbon footprints & let the truth shine through (after all, it shall set you free) for the betterment (crappy word) of us all. Iggy's motivation was to prevent that intention to spread the truth from being hijacked by Machiavellian souls who don't give a crap about the truth (they don't give a darn about details, only shoring their own positions at any cost). You each want what's best for the list, right? Truth & no stupid, petty flamethrowing that will demean all of us (except for me: I'm already mean). I will say that I thought that the "Ignacia" thing was out of bounds & deserved a response. The truth does not need to resort to giving the finger (as much as TWN loves, nay, revels in doing so). But that doesn't mean that Jestal isn't a valued member of the community. Dear Sweet Jebus: can't you both see that we need you & you need each other (in a non-gay way of course...not that there's anything wrong with that)?

To the admin team: wow! Nice exchanges & I very much appreciate your thoughtfulness & gentleness, especially given your hourly rate. I also appreciate your willingness to open up the conversation to the rest of the list so that the conspiracy theorists cannot thrive. Kudos, gentlemen.

So there it is. No doubt I've alienated everyone. Except Iggy, maybe. And it sounds like I'm toadying to the admins. In which case I'll say: You're all lame for making me read all of this and then writing this stupid, long, angry, appeasing, screwy post that no one--NOT ONE errr FRIGGING PERSON--will care about in 2 years. 3 years at the outside. I await my expulsion with equanimity. That's like extra value in my home, right?

-Andrew "I ain't gonna post my middle initial" Jenkins

Edit: PS--I'm disappointed that no one has mentioned getting a hummer in a prius from a carbon-based life form. And just my luck: I own a Camry. Maybe get a caucasian chick, no, wait, asian chick, no, wait... If it had only been named Priapus, then the hummer wouldn't be at odds & I wouldn't be having this whole conversation with myself. Oh crap: next we'll be talking about footprints and then we're headed down the road to PETA & ASPCA. Release the hounds of war! (Demos & Phobos, that is.)

Think it's time to hammer this out, it's eatin' up space on too many other threads.

I use 15W40 oil for diesel trucks, change every 4000
I was gonna point you toward some interesting reading, but...

It seems our esteemed resident expert has gotten his panties in another bunch, deleted all his posts, again, and taken his balls home. Must be something in the air this week...

So much for archived info...

My panties are in no bunch. I was just informed one too many times about my boring long posts and Ignacio made it perfectly clear (by deleting two of my posts) that my input wasn't really valuable. Get Ignacio off my back and I'm fine with the forum and those that participate. I just will not put up with certain admins (Ignacio) using their position to stifle conversation that THEY seem to disagree with under the guise of "political" or "non-FJR related" while they post up pages about their handguns and right to carry other such equally "political" and "non-FJR" related nonsense that THEY happen to like. Have the admins act in unison and fairly and things would be much nicer.
The response

Calling me out Jestal? Fine.
Boring long posts? WFT? Your wonderfully technical and detailed posts are alway welcome. I've always read and enjoyed your posts from beginning to end...except the several times you want to digress into something political and not related to FJRs.

Let's be very clear about this. I have never deleted any of Jestal's posts. He has deleted or modified his own posts....which you have probably seen with a variety of "edit" and "edited due to political content" type changes. That's 100% him. Funny thing is that none of those were political.

In fact, I stopped him from doing just that this afternoon because once posts are made they are part of the public domain and he shouldn't be able to take their toys home and screw up the continuity of threads so many have posted to. This is a seemingly obvious policy that Jestal wants to be a drama queen about.

As for the post I moved from view....that's true. It was a single post I caught when it first started, political crap dished up by some righties or something that didn't pass my political bullshit detector, had nothing to do with FJRs or motorcycles, and was against the guidelines. Whether the admins want to move it back to view is their choice. We usually work with concensus. If Jestal wants to call that deleted...then guilty as charged.

However, it and this thread are exactly the kind of divisive bullshit that I don't have the spare time, interest, or systolic points to deal with. I've seen this board get downright mean, fielded way too many PMs where people were tired of political rants, and think this board is much better without them and religion. That was a collective decision by admins with the applause of many members over a year ago.

There are plenty of other boards to go to for that and this board should remain principally about FJRs and avoid divisive bullshit.
Some good shit from Toejam

My panties are in no bunch. I was just informed one too many times about my boring long posts and Ignacio made it perfectly clear (by deleting two of my posts) that my input wasn't really valuable. Get Ignacio off my back and I'm fine with the forum and those that participate.
Lots of kids at school hate being there. Doesn't mean we should bend to their will and cancel school. I'm here to learn, contribute, hammer out some issues related to our common interest and have some fun along the way.

On the surface, your allegations concerning Ignacio are very disturbing. Censorship ain't good either. Unfortunately, we (the guests) have no binding influence on the hosts or their behavior.

Nobody's forcing anybody to read anything around here. Think something's boring? Stop reading. Seems pretty elementary to me. And it bothers me when people start deleting their contributions and muck things up on their way out. Especially when it's arguably some of the most useful information I've read on this forum. It's almost criminal to post gold like that on a public forum, then erase it to prove a point.

I just will not put up with certain admins (Ignacio) using their position to stifle conversation that THEY seem to disagree with under the guise of "political" or "non-FJR related" while they post up pages about their handguns and right to carry other such equally "political" and "non-FJR" related nonsense that THEY happen to like.
See my previous comment and Guideline #7. Gotta take the bad with the good, or go it alone and leave the flock (what do they call a large number of Lemmings anyway?) to wander aimlessly in the desert.

Have the admins act in unison and fairly and things would be much nicer.
I'm gonna need ya ta pass that bong this way before I can relate to Utopian thought like that.

Bottom line, for me, is I appreciate the effort, expertise, and time taken behind your thorough postings, as well as that of those who host this forum and keep it running better all the time. Can't we all just get along?
Even some good Skooter

Some wise words written there Toe. Nicely said.

In my ever so humble opinion, of course. (Yeah, right.)

I sure as hell don't want to get involved in any pissing match, but let me say this. I think VERY HIGHLY of Jestal and Ignacio. And with all due respect to Jestal, there are two sides to every story, but don't expect Ignacio to use a public thread to air his side. And I know there have been many occasions where Iggy has been very complementary towards Jestal. I do believe I can safely say Iggy thinks highly of Jestal too.

That said, all I ask is that in the great scheme of things, people try to keep your eye on the big picture. We are a board of diverse personalities, expertise, egos, and opinions. But remember why we come here - to celebrate that in which we share in common - our love of the FJR and riding. Sure, we will disagree. Get over it. Even close buds get pissed off at each other every once in a while. But try to keep the big picture in mind. Does getting pissed off affect the other guy, or just contribute to your own unhappiness?

And I know............on many an occasion I need to listen to my own advice. :p

Lets get it out, keep it here, and finish this. This thread may take a dump, how fast is not up to me. But, I think enough is enough. Lets try and keep it civil as possible, and hopefully leave the other threads on subject.

I will say that I thought that the "Ignacia" thing was out of bounds & deserved a response.

:D :D :D :D

You're joking.....right?? That was a f'ing typo that I never even noticed until Ignacio pointed it out to me. Someone will have re-explain what the problem with "Ignacia" was as I never even knew and have already forgotten what it was. I told Ignacio sorry about the typo and had to go back and look at the post to see what the noise was about. If this whole thing revolves around that typo it truely IS a waste of time. For anyone reading my posts you would KNOW that that was not the first typo I have made....

I will say that I thought that the "Ignacia" thing was out of bounds & deserved a response.

:D :D :D :D

You're joking.....right?? That was a f'ing typo that I never even noticed until Ignacio pointed it out to me. Someone will have re-explain what the problem with "Ignacia" was as I never even knew and have already forgotten what it was. I told Ignacio sorry about the typo and had to go back and look at the post to see what the noise was about. If this whole thing revolves around that typo it truely IS a waste of time. For anyone reading my posts you would KNOW that that was not the first typo I have made....
Hey Jestalalia, you feminine gurl you are.. :rolleyes: You typo took away Iggies masculanility.. this is truly funny.. as Iggie replied, the 'a' denotes a gurrlll... not even a woman... of which Iggie fully qualifies.. :yahoo: ... oh shit, now I'm in trouble.. this is funny as shit.. :rolleyes:

So goes the wonderful world of the internet communication system.. :blink:

Hey Jestalalia, you feminine gurl you are.. :rolleyes: You typo took away Iggies masculanility.. this is truly funny.. as Iggie replied, the 'a' denotes a gurrlll... not even a woman... of which Iggie fully qualifies.. :yahoo: ... oh shit, now I'm in trouble.. this is funny as shit.. :rolleyes: So goes the wonderful world of the internet communication system.. :blink:

Sheeshh...... If someone thought THAT was on purpose they are giving me WAY WAY too much credit..... It does seem such a good wisecrack that I wish I could take credit for (in hindsight) it but it honestly was a typo and I never even noticed it.

Jestalia....hmmm....Wonder how long it will take for some admin to change my name....???? :D