The Million Mile Challenge. Who's In?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to everyone who contributed. Kudos especially to you, Kevin, for making the challenge happen and keeping tabs.

Friends
Been off line a couple of weeks. Went to Argentina (lovely country) and have been generally sidelined from riding by vertigo (BPN). Hateful stuff.

We've totally crushed the million mile goal. Total to this post is . . . .

[SIZE=24pt]1,124,258.8[/SIZE]

Put me down for another 1300. 1200 on the FJR and another 100 on the old 73 Trident.

+195 for week ending 11/21. 13,971 YTD. These head colds suck and really limit your riding!

Congratulations to everyone who contributed. Kudos especially to you, Kevin, for making the challenge happen and keeping tabs.

Friends
Been off line a couple of weeks. Went to Argentina (lovely country) and have been generally sidelined from riding by vertigo (BPN). Hateful stuff.

We've totally crushed the million mile goal. Total to this post is . . . .

[SIZE=24pt]1,124,258.8[/SIZE]

Thanks for the kind words. I always have to force myself to do the tallies but I get such a kick out of reading what everyone has been doing . . . which was the whole point of this exercise. Someday some social scientist should do a deep dive on all this data. It paints such a rich picture.

There was a time when I wondered if we would get there. Well thanks to stalwarts and new contributors down the stretch, we've made the million mile work look like easy pickings. I suspect that all in, the forum rode at least 50% more miles than what we're reporting. And the total to here is . . .

[SIZE=24pt]1,191,326.5[/SIZE]

Is this for all forum-member two-wheel miles, or just FJR miles?

Only 69 miles this weekend, but they were done mostly in deep sand on my TTR125. Had a blast, and will be paying the price tomorrow. My legs are sore already!

Jill

Is this for all forum-member two-wheel miles, or just FJR miles?
Only 69 miles this weekend, but they were done mostly in deep sand on my TTR125. Had a blast, and will be paying the price tomorrow. My legs are sore already!

Jill

Any bike will do Jill. Bring those miles on!

There was a time when I wondered if we would get there. Well thanks to stalwarts and new contributors down the stretch, we've made the million mile work look like easy pickings. I suspect that all in, the forum rode at least 50% more miles than what we're reporting. And the total to here is . . .
[SIZE=24pt]1,191,326.5[/SIZE]
When you think about it, 1,000,000 is nothing, especially since I contributed 2% of it.

haven't really posted up since I saw it went >1mm. Well done folks.

I think to make this more interesting, let's limit it to FJR miles.... and see where that gets us..... :rolleyes:

Miles to here are . . .

[SIZE=24pt]1,206,344.5[/SIZE]

There is a question about FJR vs. non FJR miles. The non FJR miles are probably 15,000 or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
To Colin's point, we've crushed 1 million miles. Well done. I will do a final tally at the end of the year and then the 2008 challenge will be closed. I'll leave it to someone else to issue and track a challenge next year if they want to. Or perhaps we should just have a "what did you do on your FJR today?" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.