The Official SFO Rally 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark - Is there going to be an official Twisty Butt ride during SFO?
Unfortunately no. Mark (Glory Racing) and I wanted to set one up, but I am still not sure if I can even make SFO this year yet! Mark may be able to make a day or two, hes not real sure about that. The timing just did not work out real well for us this year...for some reason.

There is a Twisty Butt route laid out starting and ending in Russelville, but no POP's or verified milage. I can post it up in this thread if for nothing else riding/route suggestions!

We were hoping Scott and Mark (Glory Racing)would be organizing another Twisty Butt Ride this year, but it looks like there may be scheduling conflicts.

I know everybody had a great time last year.

Mark

I need a volunteer.

I do not have any GPS or Maping Software and would like to ask someone to put together a few of these routes to make available to the other riders.

I have to believe there are some already out there and may just need to be posted up.

It would be nice if we could get both GPS and hard copy maps for thoes of us that still don't have programable GPS's

Thanks in advance.

Mark

I need a volunteer.

I do not have any GPS or Maping Software and would like to ask someone to put together a few of these routes to make available to the other riders.

I have to believe there are some already out there and may just need to be posted up.

It would be nice if we could get both GPS and hard copy maps for thoes of us that still don't have programable GPS's

Thanks in advance.

Mark
I don't have a GPS either. I remember someone posting some ride maps on here a couple of years ago. They may still be here on the forum somewhere.

GP

OK, I am in. Made my reservation yesterday. May have a couple of people joining me as well. Riding up from Houston on Thursday, but haven't decided on route yet. Anyone else coming from H-town on Thursday?

Here are some of the GPS routes from last year and/or previous years. Some tweaking of the start and finish should be all that is needed.

https://docs.google....iYWY2&hl=en

Please let me know if you are unable to download the zip file for the link above.

Added: Registered and Room booked

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning I found out I've got to be in Scandinavia during SFO so I will not be able to make it, unfortunately.

I will see you guys next year @ SFO &/or NAFO &/or if you want to ride in the meantime..

--hellcreep
Jason, sorry you can't make it, was looking forward to seeing ya. Enjoy Scandinavia, sounds good.

Just made my reservation this eve, so hope I'll be at SFO again. We've had so much rain in Arky lately, maybe we'll luck out this time.

Well, the extended forecast doesn't look good right now. We need some good karma. Everyone think dry. Things can change in a week, but these computers are getting pretty good at forecasting the weather. Let's hope they are wrong.

GP

There may not be an organized ride called a Twisty Butt, but the roads are there, the riders and bikes will be there, the maps (Google, paperm GPS, etc) are available, so there's no reason not to ride. Call it a Twisty Butt or not, the curvy roads seem to go on forever, so go for it.

There may not be an organized ride called a Twisty Butt, but the roads are there, the riders and bikes will be there, the maps (Google, paperm GPS, etc) are available, so there's no reason not to ride. Call it a Twisty Butt or not, the curvy roads seem to go on forever, so go for it.
I'm there either way.

Unfortunately I won't make SFO this year.
Um, thought you still owed me a beer?

I do owe you one.

I'm sitting in my motel room in Red River, NM right now. There are 2 beers in the refrigerator left over from last night. I'd love for you to come by and have one. I'm not leaving NM for another week so I won't be able to make SFO.

I'm busy endurance testing a set of BT023 GT's on these NM roads.

BUMP REMINDER! If anyone can help with this, please contact BeemerDonS, Don Stanley, at either [email protected] or call me at 480-440-4666; I have toll free calling, so just call me up and I'll call you right back on my dime. Trying to get Miss Dolly, the FJR Forum Party Sheep, to SFO from Petey's house in Stillwater, OK. Then on up to the CFO Forum Rally. From there I will get her up to CFR Rally in NB.

HELP!

Miss Dolly, our FJR Forum Party Sheep, needs transportation to SFO; then on to a spot she can be picked up from, so she can attend CFR 2011 in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canuckistan.

Bustanut joker mailed her off on Saturday to our Petey in Stillwater, Oklahoma. Is anyone riding to SFO via OK that could pick up a very "friendly" FJR Sheep and get her to Russellville, AK?

I can pick her up on my way to The Great White North: Here is tu Papa Chuy's route: 6/13-Albuquerque, NM; 6/14-Okie City, OK; 6/15-St. Louis, MO; 6/16-Columbus, OH; 6/17-Willsboro, NY.

Last edited by a moderator:
Words like "isolated" and "scattered" make me think we have a good chance of staying dry. Think positive. :p
Well, there are a couple of people that I was going to ride over with that are dropping out for various reasons. Are there any more that are not coming for weather related reasons? The forcast still looks pretty dreary. At this point I am still planning on coming.

GP