The Ride to Red Lodge - Spearfish to Red Lodge, Thursday June 23rd

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The birthday fariey dropped off Sena 20 today, looks like I'll be geared up, seems like a it of a learning curve though!!

The birthday fariey dropped off Sena 20 today, looks like I'll be geared up, seems like a it of a learning curve though!!
There is a tremendous amount of capability to the unit, however if my dumb self can work most of it, I am betting a monkey can also.
Download the Sena app to your phone. First thing I should have done was turn OFF the sensitivity to the helmet. My jacket collar would set it into the "say a command" mode all the time before I fixed it through the app. Read the directions and play with the settings.

Good purchase. Have fun. See u soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Connect the Sena to your computer and make sure you download the latest software.

Download the Sena App for your phone, pair the Sena to your phone, In the App you can Name your Sena, do so Walnut22 Sena would be good, this will help for group pairing later.

Read the pairing instructions and decide if you are going to pair your phone through your GPS or direct.

Play with it.

John,

I'm coming in from FL and am looking to stay in Spearfish before continuing to Red Lodge, might be interested in heading that way with ya'll. Senna equipped. If I get in early I may also like some info on local riding and "must see's". Advice welcomed....

I know Cav47 and I are Sena 20 equipped, what about the rest of you?
I have Autocom. Looks like my ETA will be early in the week, possibly Monday the 20th but I'm still working on the route. It's possible I may get there sooner but I don't want to interfere with any Father's Day plans you and the family may have.

Do you have a ramp to get my bike off the trailer or should I bring mine?

Outdoor Motorsports, CV here in Spearfish, has a ramp. There are a couple of good and convienent ditchesxass well

John,I'm coming in from FL and am looking to stay in Spearfish before continuing to Red Lodge, might be interested in heading that way with ya'll. Senna equipped. If I get in early I may also like some info on local riding and "must see's". Advice welcomed....
Same here, well, other than coming from FL that is.
rolleyes.gif
Room booked at Bell's for Wednesday night and also hoping to spend the better part of that day riding around locally. Guess that'll depend on how much ground I can cover getting there but I have your earlier mentioned loop as a goal.

Speaking of - Any suggestions for a good overnight point along 90 between maybe Chamberlain and Kadoka?

So far it's looking like Griff, Petey, and I will be in Gillette and can meet you when you swing through. Unless the tail gets too big, then we can run the route ahead or behind...

Griff has Senna, I have Two-way radio, and Petey doesn't like anybody enough to want to communicate.

So far it's looking like Griff, Petey, and I will be in Gillette and can meet you when you swing through. Unless the tail gets too big, then we can run the route ahead or behind...
Griff has Senna, I have Two-way radio, and Petey doesn't like anybody enough to want to communicate.
Na that's not true, I can't hear and use earplugs.
this.gif
laugh.png
You probably wouldn't like what I have to say anyway.
laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Download the Sena App for your phone, pair the Sena to your phone, In the App you can Name your Sena, do so Walnut22 Sena would be good, this will help for group pairing later.
Not having the ability to rename my Sena 10 feeds my gear envy gene.... I've added it to my 2021 upgrade list.

Nuts

I was going to load the long route in my GPS today and it looks like the link is broken,

Anyway to resurrect it?

Shoulda went faster!!

David

Nuts I was going to load the long route in my GPS today and it looks like the link is broken, Anyway to resurrect it? Shoulda went faster!! David
I just clicked on the Long Route and it opened just fine for me, better try again.