The Ride to Red Lodge - Spearfish to Red Lodge, Thursday June 23rd

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Casa Langdell is Full Up - LCB and ZZZZIpp on the 21st, LCB, Walnut 22 and Cav47 on the 22nd.
Your letting zzzzip and Cav47 in your home? I would keep an eye on them.
I have been there before!! Nothing was missing. Except a great meal his wonderful wife and daughter cooked up for Brian(FESTAR), my son, and I when we where there last year!

John doesn't do anything halfway!! But many of you already know this!

Stop hating Kevin, your color is red for fire trucks, not GREEN FOR ENVY!!

Just messaged Sarg and it looks like we are meeting up somewhere around Waterloo Iowa. Should be starting our trek west from there around 11 central time. So it looks like we will have another headed west from Spearfish to Red Lodge.

Hi-ho, hi-ho off to Red Lodge we go!

Escape and Fontanaman [mostly] eastbound and down...see all y'all in a few days.
bike.gif

--G

Leaving in the AM. Taking a bit of a southern route to avoid the cluster that is Yellowstone. See you Thursday.:) :)

Hi-ho, hi-ho off to Red Lodge we go! Escape and Fontanaman [mostly] eastbound and down...see all y'all in a few days. :bike: --G
JEALOUS, JSNS
I passed them at 11:00AM on Highway 97 about 5 miles north of Shaniko, OR. They pretended not to recognize me and then tried to out run me....not a chance. I think Fontanaman's trailer hitch was slowing him down, good thing he wasn't pulling the trailer or they would still be in Fossil eating lunch.
They made it to Baker City, over 500 miles total, and topped the day off with a ride over Dooley Mtn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking like The following will be the group riding from Spearfish in the morning:

Nightshine ( Sam)

Wanut22 (Dave)

Cav47 (Josh)

Sarge

BigOgre (Mike)

LCB (Lisa)

Brian

Bigjohnsd (Me)

We are meeting at the Common Grounds Coffee Shop in the Center of Spearfish at 0630 for breakfast and Sena Pairing.

KSU no later than 0730 as soon as everyone is paired and fed.

First gas stop Buffalo WY

About 175 miles from Spearfish.

I believe OFace and Petey are running in the van, hopefully they will attract all the attention😂

Dinner at my house tonight for all the participants in Spearfish.

I'm in Rawlins WY right now. What a shit day. Started out around 100° from Albuquerque to Alamosa. Then the rain and lighting hit. Then the construction which was a series of only one lane traveling at a time. In one area the construction was a dirt road for 8 miles. That got rained on, so was interesting. We ended up stopped and I had probably 10 huge mosquitos buzzing around my gloves. I closed my shield and scrunched down. I don't think they got me.

Heard a lot of lightning during my last gas stop, so I put on my warm gloves and rain pants. Not much more rain, but the 40mph crosswind was a blast. WTF? C said it sounds like I was dealing with the biblical plagues. Haha...That may be too dramatic, but it took me 2 extra hours to get here. I'm going to bed!