The SO and I

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice report Nik. I really enjoy seeing the other places to ride in the world, especially when it's 30 degrees here. Great pic of the GPS screen.

Thanks everyone, for the kind words and encouragement. Nowadays, whenever I go riding and I see a particularly nice spot to take a picture, I'd think, "hmmm - I bet the guys on the forum would like to see this!" So I turn the bike around and go back for the picture. :)

Thanks for the ride report. I feel like I was right there with you. Great pics! When you coming to San Francisco?
Thanks James. Actually, I may be up in St. Charles for a week for training some time in May, although it is not firm yet. If it does happen, I was thinking of extending the stay for another week, maybe two if I can afford it, to just rent a bike and see the country. I'm starting to google around, looking for interesting places to go, where to rent bikes, whether my local driver's license is accepted, etc... It'd be awesome if the trip is confirmed.

GREAT shots, Nik! It's a beautiful area. And what I like best about it (right now)is .....it's hot there ! :D

How would you like this for an ice cream sandwich ? :p

590121519_ca5668c64a.jpg
Hi MEM! Thanks! That's got my mouth watering. The ice-cream sandwich in my picture is quite plain. I bet this is way better!

nik.hisham,

Looking at your pictures, gives me and idea of what it would be like. To be in my wife's

home town of Thailand. Looks as if your FJR is the big bike on the island? Those are some great pictures and

nice roads also. Thanks :)
Thanks kman. Yep, it was. :)

6424338695_4bdbe7d367_b.jpg

You must be one badass rider to pull this off!!!! :lol:

Nice RR with good pictures that really tell the story of the trip for you and your wife. I hope you feel less "stressed" now! :yahoo: Well done sir.
Thanks GeorgiaRoller. :lol: Well, it certainly helped to bring the stress levels down a notch or two. But as soon as the work week started, it went back up 10 notches. I need to go on a 2 week ride to completely bring it under control :)

As usual, great pics!

One question...fruit and gravy?!
Thanks not2shabby! Yep, and its really good. The gravy is sweet, sour and spicy all at the same time. If you're ever down here, we'll go get some - I'm pretty sure you'd like it.

Thanks for another great RR, Nik. Thanks to you, I feel like I have a pretty good take on life in Malaysia over these last couple years.
Thanks Mike! Ya, you can learn a lot from pictures. But being here in person is a whole different dimension in the experience. The smells and sounds, the strangeness of a different culture, the odd foods, even the weather - if you ever get the opportunity to come over, I hope you take it :) I'm sure you'd enjoy it. And of course, I'd be more than happy to host you and bring you around.

Great pix as usual, Nik. The family that rides together, stays together! Plus good for you that your wife is properly geared up.

The world always looks more interesting on the other side of the pond. Hopefully, either you will visit here or we will visit you there. Either way, thanks for sharing!

And love the food pix. You say "curry", we say "pie/cheeseburger/burrito".
Thanks Hudson! Ya, I feel fortunate that the wife and kids have found it enjoyable as well. I hope to be on your side of the pond in Spring next year, if things work out. I'm sure that will be an awesome trip!

Thanks Hudson! Ya, I feel fortunate that the wife and kids have found it enjoyable as well. I hope to be on your side of the pond in Spring next year, if things work out. I'm sure that will be an awesome trip!
If you do visit, it would be a crime to miss the PNW. Holler when you know more about your schedule.

Once again Nik, brilliant images. Thank you for taking the time to take and share these. My bike is asleep and it is single digit outside. Really enjoyed the ride and greenery!

T

As usual, great pics!

One question...fruit and gravy?!
Thanks not2shabby! Yep, and its really good. The gravy is sweet, sour and spicy all at the same time. If you're ever down here, we'll go get some - I'm pretty sure you'd like it.

I SO wish I had the time and $$$ to take you up on that!

Thanks Nik, always enjoy your pics :)

I think I've eaten lunch at the place you had breakfast on the Island. would be great to go back and get a chance to ride around.

Question: what tailbag is that?

Thanks Nik, always enjoy your pics :)

I think I've eaten lunch at the place you had breakfast on the Island. would be great to go back and get a chance to ride around.

Question: what tailbag is that?

Hi Brett. It's an Alpinestar tail bag. Comes together with a small tank bag too. Quite handy for me to carry my camera and small items.

Regards